A&H

Red, yellow or no foul? please vote and comment

what would your decision be?

• Red

• Yellow

• No foul

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Referee Store
This looks like the stripes player plays the ball and then white makes a massive swing and miss. The ref is not well positioned as he is behind the stripes player. The ref seems to go off the reaction of the white player. From these angles there might not be any contact between players at all. Very hard to see. If anything it looks like stripes has taken the ball cleanly and then white has attempted a reckless challenge. More context, better angle needed...

From the position of the ref I think most of us would/should play on from that position.

This looks like the stripes player plays the ball and then white makes a massive swing and miss. The ref is not well positioned as he is behind the stripes player. The ref seems to go off the reaction of the white player. From these angles there might not be any contact between players at all. Very hard to see. If anything it looks like stripes has taken the ball cleanly and then white has attempted a reckless challenge. More context, better angle needed...
Agree with this. First watched the second video and thought the question was about the white player...

Need proper real-time view to see if the stripes player could go for the ball (the replays seem to suggest he could).

http://tr.beinsports.com/lig/super-lig/ozet/2017-2018/7/akhisar-genclikspor-1-0-fenerbahce-mac-ozeti

upload_2017-9-30_19-21-45.png

contact made is at 2:14.

striped player makes contact with the ball first and white player misses as mentioned above. Then the contact between two players happens. If white player's foot has been planted on the ground (vs jumping up) then you can guess what could have happened. While the video is not that clear at times, you can see how much the white player's foot gets pushed back with the impact of striped players foot.

I do not agree with referee not having a good position to see the action.

So the question is. Could red be justified? This is a very unfortunate soccer situation for both players and the referee. To me contact is totally unintentional but very dangerous. Did striped player have time to pull back from tackle rather than planting his right foot fully stretched and straight towards the white player as seen in the screenshot?

RC seemed very harsh though but could we fault the referee since he did not get to watch it a million times and in slow mo? :)

Last edited:
OK now you have shown something new. This contact is not evident from the first two clips. Now, yes, the ref's view of this is good and the RC is understandable from this still image. Though this is not possible to see from the video clips.

We have to presume that the ref thinks the stripes player is using excessive force and endangering the safety... and the still image supports that... a much as a still image can.

sorry I thought the youtube link had a clear one i do not know if the quality decreased later on or what :)
above link is the original link from beinsports. thank you all for you input.

Don't see anything to warrant a red in this challenge. Could understand a yellow been given, but to which player or should it be both?

Last video indeed shows something new. Still image supports excessive violence, but when you watch video it's definitely not. Two yellows seems fair decision.

Back