A&H

Referee age

Egg man

Level 5 Referee
Hi,

I'm currently 41 going for promotion this season 7-6 and hopefully 6-5 the following season I'm aiming to get to L3 by time I'm 50. How may referee are still going for Promotions in there 40s ?

The Referee Store
Here!
But… it’s hard… where I am the focus is on training and promoting the under 25s.

Just go for it.

(To misquote Ice-T “I’m running past them and at them!”)

Hi,

I'm currently 41 going for promotion this season 7-6 and hopefully 6-5 the following season I'm aiming to get to L3 by time I'm 50. How may referee are still going for Promotions in there 40s ?
Several in the South of England have been promoted to 3 in the last few seasons, and with the possibility of going 6 to 5 in the same season as 7 to 6 there is no reason not to aim high. Good luck.

Late 30s, but same position as you.
Not sure I'll make it to L3 as the commitment and travel may become too much for me with a young family, but target is L4 maybe but at least L5 (L5 could happen this season in theory!).

Fitness is good and pick-up on my match day coaching reports l. So just need to keep working on it.

I got my 4 at 38 years old. If you're fit and committed then getting to 4 is more than achievable pretty quickly these days. Probably too quickly but thems the breaks

I did 7->6->5 aged 47 to 49. I started at 41. I'm hoping I've at least another 10 years in me.

I did 7->6->5 aged 47 to 49. I started at 41. I'm hoping I've at least another 10 years in me.
Thanks, I have really worked on my fitness in last 12 month after receiving some good feedback. Only wished I pick up the whistle in my 20s.

Back