A&H

Referee Course Advice

The Referee Store
Hi Olivia
Just finished tutoring a course a little over 2 hours ago. Some tips...
  • You should be given your notebook, cards and whistle

Check if these are supplied as part of your course, but they should have told you already. When I did my course in Sheffield last year we had to get our own so will depend on the CFA. If they aren't supplied as part of the course get a Fox40 or acme thunderer whistle.

On the course, if you aren't sure of something, ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question!

Yeah, we were told to bring a whistle and weren't supplied cards/notebook either.

How did the course go, (if you've done it) did you enjoy it? If you've not done it yet, what day is it on?

It went really well, the tutors were clear and thorough, the course itself sounds interesting and incredibly helpful and can't wait to start. Although surprised at how many people want to do it for a bit of extra money. Need to start finding cheap kit

Need to start finding cheap kit

It's a personal preference, from a personal experience I would say invest in the official Nike referee kit. You can recoup the cost from a couple of games. But it makes you look sharp and professional. then again it is down to personal preferences! The main thing is you are enjoying it and excited to start. keep us posted

Those that do it for the extra cash soon learn it isn't the easiest way of reducing the overdraft.

The better money is a by product of improving and that takes commitment and resilience.

It's a personal preference, from a personal experience I would say invest in the official Nike referee kit. You can recoup the cost from a couple of games. But it makes you look sharp and professional. then again it is down to personal preferences! The main thing is you are enjoying it and excited to start. keep us posted
What are the sizes like? So for example, would L referee shirt be the same as a L football replica shirt?

What are the sizes like? So for example, would L referee shirt be the same as a L football replica shirt?

Generally they are but you can sometimes find a size guide on the website. I'll often email to check sizes when I'm buying clothes and if they don't reply, I wont trust them with my order.

@Olivia P - how had the course gone?

Are you on the videos on the North Riding Twitter of the course at Middlesborough?

Back