A&H

Referee wallet

Reuben Watt

Hey guys,
I still use the red, yellow card and the wallet with the team sheet on etc that I was given when I first became a ref. What do you use?

The Referee Store
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192049104401?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
A ref recently showed me these and let me have a few, they fit well over a card and basically I just clip my pen on both the card and the match card together so when you need it you have something to write on if you know what I mean. On one side is the essential match stuff, goals, subs, notes etc. other side is team sheet and red and yellow card info.
I've used it a couple of times and it seems really much better than the wallet. I always thought the wallet was a pain especially when you end up trying to get a card out and make yourself look a tit by going to get it out and not being able to.

I don't use one, I don't like too much in my pockets. A yellow in my left, red in the right. A red and yellow in my rear pocket for 2nd bookables.

Top pocket is a match record card from Refsworld along with a pen and pencil. That's it. No lumpy book. The card has everything I need (red and yellows have card skins on for writing)

Don't use one either. Lemon in shirt left tomato in short rear and do everything on my iWatch...
However, before my iWatch had the same things with my cards, although they had the RefsWorld card skins on, and then I had the RefsWorld hardback wallet with a reuseable card in there to record goals.

Reactions: DB
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192049104401?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
A ref recently showed me these and let me have a few, they fit well over a card and basically I just clip my pen on both the card and the match card together so when you need it you have something to write on if you know what I mean. On one side is the essential match stuff, goals, subs, notes etc. other side is team sheet and red and yellow card info.
I've used it a couple of times and it seems really much better than the wallet. I always thought the wallet was a pain especially when you end up trying to get a card out and make yourself look a tit by going to get it out and not being able to.

i've seen these and like them...but never purchased...what happens when you want to send someone off?

IMO you can't bring out that card with the yellow clipped to it as they'll be expecting the yellow and you can't clip the red to it as they'll just bolt when they see it! how do you work it?

I use these - my only issue is there isnt much room to write names on. I have it in my top pocket with my yellow. Unclipped. If It's red only the match card comes out. If its yellow they both come out .

i've seen these and like them...but never purchased...what happens when you want to send someone off?

IMO you can't bring out that card with the yellow clipped to it as they'll be expecting the yellow and you can't clip the red to it as they'll just bolt when they see it! how do you work it?
I have thought about this, you might be able to work it out where you can just get the match card out itself without the yellow you'll have no problem. Otherwise I see your point.

Reactions: es1
I have a book but don't keep my cards in. You can get them on A and H fairly cheap. Left shirt pocket is Yellow, back short pocket red. Right shirt pocket is book and a yellow and red card for second bookable offence.

I used to use these. I didn't have a problem differentiating the match card to the yellow card when it was in my pocket - the match card was quite a bit smaller than my yellow card. I have since changed to writing into a book, just because the cards were simply too small to write the names down on properly.

I use paper match cards in a wallet with the two cards in OR separate cards with the refsworld skins on and a notebook for recording goals and sub names. I'm not massively happy with either solution to be honest: the paper match cards in the wallets are too small for me to write legibly in them when I'm standing up; and while I love the idea of the skins, I haven't yet found a pen that will consistently work on them and will be water/smudge proof, plus you still need to carry something with you to record goals and subs.

I use paper match cards in a wallet with the two cards in OR separate cards with the refsworld skins on and a notebook for recording goals and sub names. I'm not massively happy with either solution to be honest: the paper match cards in the wallets are too small for me to write legibly in them when I'm standing up; and while I love the idea of the skins, I haven't yet found a pen that will consistently work on them and will be water/smudge proof, plus you still need to carry something with you to record goals and subs.
Power tank, sharpie of the good old pencil. I clip a pencil to my yellow card with a skin on it. Job done

Power tank, sharpie of the good old pencil. I clip a pencil to my yellow card with a skin on it. Job done
I have to be honest, I got some power tanks with my skins and they don't seem to work together too well. Don't like the idea of having to take a lid off a sharpie - what do you use to clip the pencil on?

Depends what level for me. If at senior level with team sheets that I can rely on I don't use a book at all and just use the card skins advertised on this forum. Only need numbers and assistants can keep the score.

Grass roots and I use a notebook so I can take names, but it doesn't have any cards in it and they are in my pockets. You don't want a player you are about to send off see the yellow in the notebook, and you certainly don't want someone you are about to caution see the red card (depending on which way round the book is).

Reactions: es1
I have to be honest, I got some power tanks with my skins and they don't seem to work together too well. Don't like the idea of having to take a lid off a sharpie - what do you use to clip the pencil on?

They don't work very well for me either - I use a pencil or a sharpie.

On a side note, thank you for the recent order @Ross I am impressed with the kit organiser.

Don't use one either. Lemon in shirt left tomato in short rear and do everything on my iWatch...
However, before my iWatch had the same things with my cards, although they had the RefsWorld card skins on, and then I had the RefsWorld hardback wallet with a reuseable card in there to record goals.
what app do you use?

Wondering if it's the go ref app. Not quite convinced that the battery would last the full 90 minutes though :(
I used this app on my iwatch before I got my polar M400. Battery lasts fine, no worries what so ever! Only issue with it for me is that you can't subtract goals if you mistakenly put it on the wrong team.

I use the all weather note book from Refsworld for goals/subs and then have card skins on my cards for cautions/dismissals

Back