A&H

Refereeing age limit

AHoops18

Level 7 Referee
Hello,

I need to know whether as a 15 year old referee what ages I can referee.
Am I limited to refereeing up to U15 or am I able to go higher?

Thanks,
AHoops18.

The Referee Store
Hello,

Thanks,
AHoops18.
It should be one year below your own age. But I am not sure wether this is age groups (so u14) or not. I am 16 and I do adults football and am an AR at step 5/6. At 16 you can do any age.

Hello,

Thanks,
AHoops18.
For referees that are either 14 or 15 years of age as a level 8 you can only referee up to one year below your age. So for 14 year olds it U13 and for 15 year olds it U14. You also cannot go higher

Hello,

Thanks,
AHoops18.
Currently, as others have said, you can referee Under 14's or younger.
Have a look at the Y1-Y2 Referee Progression Pack produced by The FA for guidance on progression possibilities.

I am also a 15 year old referee. It is strange how at 15 you cannot even do a line for a game of your age group but as soon as you turn 16 you can be in the middle for an adult game. 🤔

I am also a 15 year old referee. It is strange how at 15 you cannot even do a line for a game of your age group but as soon as you turn 16 you can be in the middle for an adult game. 🤔
Yeah a bit strange, but I guess it's just legal safeguarding.

For referees that are either 14 or 15 years of age as a level 8 you can only referee up to one year below your age. So for 14 year olds it U13 and for 15 year olds it U14. You also cannot go higher
Thank you.

Back