A&H

Ross Barkley

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Whats this, let them get away with one in the second minute thing? Stonewall YC, and after the second (orange) YC tackle later in the first half he shouldn't have been on the pitch.. thoughts!

Reactions: J79
The Referee Store
He is riding his luck. He is not the best tackler in the world, but somehow keeps avoiding red cards (and more luckily injuring someone) despite some awful tackles.

Such a talent. Needs to spend a bit of time leaning some control.

Seem to recall him "getting away with it" in the last derby, almost breaking hendersons leg and then kicking the ball away unpunished... but the referee was "managing the event" apparently.

Havent seen todays incidents so cant say for sure but sounds like he has rode his luck once again.

Stone cold definate caution he got away with early in the game. Not a great tackle on lovren later, which was orange for me, it again high on the ankle. Only reason I say orange rather than straight red is the speed they were both moving. Not clever though.

The lad could have a great future internationally and in the Prem. He needs to have a word with himself.

Then again, scholes couldn't tackle for **** either, he still did quite well!!

The tackle later on was a stone wall red chaps, nothing orange about it
At match speed it didn't look that bad but the slow-mo is far far worse, nasty tackle, I can see why he missed it though! The Williams one though was far easier to see at match speed!!

Whats this, let them get away with one in the second minute thing? Stonewall YC, and after the second (orange) YC tackle later in the first half he shouldn't have been on the pitch.. thoughts!
That's certainly what all the pundits thought on the coverage that I saw, no matter which side they had an affinity with.

Barclay and Williams should have been warming the bath water! How Barkley continues to get away with these in derby matches is beyond me?

Back