A&H

Open Age Semi Final problems

HarryD

Had a semi final today, AET finished 3-2 to the home team with 4 cautions, 2 for FT and 2 for dissent. Tough game but nothing that a ref can't handle. The aftermath was something slightly different though..

Blew the final whistle and wasn't expecting a fanfare from the away team, the winner from the home team was an extra time penalty. Get four of them running after me because they didn't think I'd played long enough (told them they had 1 minute to go and a minute later I blew for full time..) One grabbed my wrist trying to look at the time to see how long was left and another pushed me. Didn't see who did either so how do I report this?

Skipper earned himself a caution for being the most vocal of the four.

Any help to how to report this would be appreciated.

The Referee Store
If you don't know who it was it is going to be difficult to do anything about it unfortunately. Do you know the names of any or all of the four players. Obviously you do the captain, but what about the other three?

Harry, still report it. Your County wont be able to do a great deal about it but at least you've made them aware.

You can definitely still put a report in - pretty much just put what you've already said. "Following the final whistle, I was chased by four [insert team name] players, who were disputing my decision to blow for full time. One of these players grabbed me by the wrist, and another pushed in the [chest/back/wherever it was]. However, I was unable to identify either of the players responsible."

CFA can chase the club to get names of the players - club could potentially be looking at a charge if they don't cough up the names.

@HarryD - follow @Alex Rush-Fear advice. Whether the CFA demand the players names from the club or just charge the team for failing to control their players, justice will be served.

If the club was already on a warning for previous bad conduct, your report could activate the suspended penalty.

The worst position for you is that there was a County / League official there, saw the post-match incident and then checks about you reporting it. Failure to report could create a question from the CFA as to why you haven't. Given the current issues with lack of RESPECT (see Manachester CFA issues), you need to always report such matters. If you don't report, no action can be taken!

Back