A&H

Open Age Sending off

Peej

Level 5 Referee
Picture the scene yesterday.90th minute home team 2 up and have a corner.
Asking for away team player to be 10 yes.
Away keeper shouts(very loudly) he is you f*****g p***k. Straight red from me. Keeper thought as he didn't swear at me it was acceptable. Pointed out that there was a children's playground 20 yards away behind the goal occupied by children and parents.
Thoughts anyone

The Referee Store
Spot on. offinabus - swearing or not is irrelevant. LOTG backs you up.

Pain for you as they need to get a new keeper (90') which probably involved the guy going off stripping down. But spot on.

The language was clearly directed at you so there really should have been no surprises when you showed the red.

Picture the scene yesterday.90th minute home team 2 up and have a corner.
Asking for away team player to be 10 yes.
Away keeper shouts(very loudly) he is you f*****g p***k. Straight red from me. Keeper thought as he didn't swear at me it was acceptable. Pointed out that there was a children's playground 20 yards away behind the goal occupied by children and parents.
Thoughts anyone
I'd have still sent him even if the playground wasn't there. Good call, even if it did mean a late change. Did the home team score?

The language was clearly directed at you so there really should have been no surprises when you showed the red.

Unless I have interpreted @Peej's post wrong, the keeper wasn't shouting at peej, he was shouting at the player who was requesting the 10 yards...

Either way, it's a red, so great decision.

Answers to your questions.
No the other team didn't score.3 short corners, 3 corners awarded.Used up time added on.
Keeper was shouting at player requesting(ahem) that his defenders were 10yds.

Silly boy
Answers to your questions.
No the other team didn't score.3 short corners, 3 corners awarded.Used up time added on.
Keeper was shouting at player requesting(ahem) that his defenders were 10yds.
Silly boy, then isn't he! Correct decision, love the easy ones.

Back