A&H

Sent the lot off!!!

The Referee Store
lol that's the way. Slightly better than climbing the fence and taking on the entire crowd Hanson brothers/slap shot style :)

Fair play to the guy, not sure I would have got rid of them all, the complete bellend in the shorts and cap 100% yes.

To quote the American phrase, the Stone Cold Steve Austin wannabe is clearly a 'Jerk Off'

Very disappointing to see the facebook page of The Referee Forum criticising the referee. Maybe we need to be accepting this as a solution more - the entire game is diseased, the entire culture needs a serious change. I have no problems with what happened

Reactions: SM
As far as I can tell from the video, this would appear to have been a US High School game. NFHS rules (and yes, they do call them "rules") place great emphasis on sportsmanship from all concerned, including the spectators. For instance sportsmanship is mentioned twice in the opening preamble, is listed as the number one "point of emphasis" and is specifically required to be addressed in a pre-game conference which must include the two head coaches and the team captains. It's also stated in the rules that spectators must refrain from offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures.

So the expectations for spectators and for the actions a referee should take if the spectators are out of line are quite different for an NFHS game as compared to a game played under the Laws of the Game as we know them.

Although it does look like the referee's gone a bit card-happy at the start of the clip, I've got no problem with him clearing the stands! If it was just one guy shouting and threatening from the sidelines, you'd have no issue with the referee sending him away, so why is it different because that one guy was part of a crowd and the referee couldn't/didn't want to pick him out?

We don't know what happened before the clip starts to make the ref start flashing cards. Given the animals in the crowd perhaps he had very good reason to get card happy. :)

We don't know what happened before the clip starts to make the ref start flashing cards. Given the animals in the crowd perhaps he had very good reason to get card happy. :)
Oh absolutely, it could be that we just happen to see a few consecutive fouls by players he's warned in the past and it looks like a harsh 30 seconds in isolation. Similarly, if any of the cautions were for dissent, we've got no idea what was said.

Back