A&H

Sin Bins/Temporary Dismissals

Well if i sin binned a player at 11am i would write 11:10 on the piece of paper, manager checks his watch and calls me over at 11:10.
How would you manage additional time? If there were an injury would you tell the manager to change his piece of paper to, for example, 11:13. If one team started to waste time to the extent that you felt time should be added, how would you manage that?

I can certainly imagine a scenario where one team has a player in the sin bin and all of a sudden they are injured in every tackle, can't decide who should take throw-ins etc etc.

The Referee Store
If the sin bin means the card does NOT go to the CFA the CFA's will fold. Especially with their next set of cuts (around 4.6% i am told).

I inderstand the sin bin will be for certain misconduct/discipline issues between the yellow card and a second one. It's an attempt to remove the harsh second yellow syndrome that sees players sent off or in some circumstances not(especially at grass roots).

I don't think it will work, too many uncontrollables in there for my liking- one of the biggest for me would be how to control multiple players in the sin bin, that is from a timing perspective but also from a discipline perspective- if something kicks off whilst they are in the sinbin..,,,,,,benches are bad enough.

You could hand them one of those buzzer things you get in a crappy restaurant.... He then can't come back on till he brings it back to you with his time up and its flashing!!!.... Can I claim royalties on that idea??? :angel:

Back