A&H

Sometimes you just have to laugh

Andy A

Friendly, reds v whites. Red keeper comes to claim a ball on the edge of the area and his momentum carries him out of the area. I correctly blow for for a free kick.

Reds say is that an indirect freekick? I reply no, it is direct.

Then to my surprise the white team pipe in saying it is indirect so we will do just that.

I shout to the keeper that it's direct and blow my whistle for the restart. Low and behold they decide to carry out their plan and take an indirect freekick.

Everybody on the pitch thinks I'm a fool but inside I am laughing my head off. I resisted the urge to show them the LOTG after the game as I couldn't be bothered to walk the distance to my car and back. They still wouldn't have believed me anyway no doubt.

The Referee Store
I gave a retake of a pen which was saved as a defender shouted loudly to put the taker off. I was surrounded, abused and also received abuse on FB for the league. I ended up posting the law table for such incidents online and got some great PMs from people who had heard the players thoughts and assumed I was wrong. Even from the chairman of the league!

Try and not do that with bringing the LOTG back from your car as you look an idiot if you are wrong! There isn't a reverse gear once you do that!

The Referee Store
Back