A&H

SPINTSO S1 PRO

mickyled

Guys, ive just purchased this watch to go in tandem with my apple watch with ref six...............i thought id done my research on the spintso......NO I HAVENT............£200 for a stop watch ....... which basically it is....i thought it was a challenger for ref six......NO .....not even close....its supposed to be a referees referee watch ...maybe theres something coming at a later date/update......please guys do your research better than i did .........

The Referee Store
Since I'm not going to buy this watch (I have a Garmin Fenix 7), I feel like I can ask this objectively.

What exactly did you not like about the watch? There is GPS, there is an interval timer for workouts, there is a heart rate monitor and step counter. From what I've seen on this watch, it's not claiming to keep score and cards. It's not claiming to have a heat map. So I'm curious to understand your expectations vs what the watch actually does.

(Please understand I'm not trying to really challenge you or say you're wrong. I haven't tried the watch, so I don't have an opinion one way or another. It just seems like Spintso is advertising this watch more as an upgraded version of its traditional watch than a one for one replacement for something like RefSix.)

EDIT - as @RustyRef says, it seems to be a lot more than just a glorified stopwatch like the traditional Spintso is.

Last edited:
As I said I failed in my research it just seems an expensive stopwatch is all ……. My fault I have the old pro watch ..( I love gadgets)

As I said I failed in my research it just seems an expensive stopwatch is all ……. My fault I have the old pro watch ..( I love gadgets)
A bit more than a stop watch when it has GPS, blood pressure, HRM, pedometer, etc.

A bit more than a stop watch when it has GPS, blood pressure, HRM, pedometer, etc.
,For refereeing, yes GPS blood pressure hrm pedometer not necessary

I accept it’s not ref six, that’s a full refereeing watch app …..I ****ed up …. My fault …… I’ll have to live with MY choice….

I bought one and sold it. Not because it wasn’t good, but because having REFSIX/Apple Health is already quite advanced. I’m also too lazy to recharge it each time after use.

I have my trusty £10 Casio for my spare.

Tough place to be for Spinsto. When the big tech watches and e.g. Garmin are so good and you can add apps. Plus RefSix being so unique.

Great that Spinsto have had a go but… I wonder about the software. It’s all very well having the GPS etc. but it took Garmin years to get the PC and mobile software right. And that is also really expensive to maintain. Must be very hard to create a viable business.

Guys, ive just purchased this watch to go in tandem with my apple watch with ref six...............i thought id done my research on the spintso......NO I HAVENT............£200 for a stop watch ....... which basically it is....i thought it was a challenger for ref six......NO .....not even close....its supposed to be a referees referee watch ...maybe theres something coming at a later date/update......please guys do your research better than i did .........
Hi guys lhas anyone had problems getting the gps to work

Got the S1 Pro. It ain't no Refsix, more like a first version of the Refsix App with very basic functionality. Good points; great as a stop-watch for matches, it's purely a Ref watch so doesn't drop the App occasionally like a smartwatch, nice crisp display, double press now from buttons, GPS switchable so can turn off for longer (5hr) battery life. Bad points; battery life is poor and needs to be fully charged immediately pre-game, no use for festivals, App is vary basic and inaccurate, GPS is randomly very inaccurate, step count/km run randomly very inaccurate. Overall, accepting the battery life limitations it's okay for a single game as a stopwatch (if you remember to charge pre-game) and better in some ways than the original Spintso (App info), however it isn't anywhere near a competitor for Refsix nor for the rock solid reliability/simplicity of the original Spintso.

I tend to agree regarding the disappointment of the watch itself. I bought the S1 (not pro) as an upgrade from the original pro analogue version which I must have had for 10+ years.
Whilst it has everything on it, the watch is really poorly made, cheap strap, cheap materials used. Should it be knocked on the changing room wall or dropped it would break. Furthermore, the charging of this unit is just plain bazaar. You have to place the face of the watch on the surface to get the magnetic charger to remain where it is to charge, and the cable is what, around 6"?

If I could send it back I certainly would. Nothing better that a £30 smart watch from amazon marketplace with a referee timer tbh.

Does anyone have Info about the GPS inaccuracy and if it is possible to fix it. I have the problem that it takes up to 8 mins until the GPS is ready, e.g. to start a run. I have installed all the updates incl. front repair und ui repair and tried the AGPS Update but every day again I have to either wait several minutes or it even shows "GPS search failed ..."
cheers
Carola

Last edited:
Back