A&H

Summer Tournaments & the return of the centre circle ref!

Guys, thanks for all the comments - glad that it's a cause for comment. But what seems to be coming through is that centre circle reffing is acceptable? To distance myself... I will also add to this - 14.31miles covered at a recent day tournament. Starting at 8 and finishing at 5... Being a ref is a great way to improve your fitness, but perhaps these young pups don't need the exercise - lol
No complaints, and didn't give anyone a reason to... I'll just leave that last sentence to sink in.

Some on here, like Sheffield's Finest, have long aspired to be a centre circle referee but can't seem to grasp the simplicity of the concept!

But joking apart, you are mistaken in your interpretation of the responses! Centre circle refereeing is not acceptable; but we all know at least one referee that is!

The Referee Store
U8s & u10s? Pitch size? 50x30?
U10's... I'll be the one being positive about my sons football and general team play... nothing else - promise.
And now have u8's away match too... am and pm for my 2 heros...
why are they never in the same area ... east and west!!!

I organise a tournament every year, mini and 11 a side , I will be surprised if all the mini soccer refs were qualified as I use it as a training ground for pre full refereeing , the organiser should try and pair up experienced with less experienced and always make sure am around to support the refs so people know am there

I organise a tournament every year, mini and 11 a side , I will be surprised if all the mini soccer refs were qualified as I use it as a training ground for pre full refereeing , the organiser should try and pair up experienced with less experienced and always make sure am around to support the refs so people know am there
I also believe in gathering all referees in before the tournament issuing instructions so you are all on the same page - when it comes to no retreat, keeper roll out and any other rule that they may not be used to. makes life a lot more consistent for the tournament.

I also believe in gathering all referees in before the tournament issuing instructions so you are all on the same page - when it comes to no retreat, keeper roll out and any other rule that they may not be used to. makes life a lot more consistent for the tournament.
I brief pre each session and then de brief at the end of each session , ring all the referees before the tournament and make sure they know what's what , it's because the refs need to be treated with respect and yep the pay is pretty poor

Back