A&H

Swearing u18 games

The Referee Store
Might be the only coach for team and if you’ve asked them to run the line, they’re doing you a favour. Telling them they can’t then coach seems unfair. They’d just turn round and say i won’t bother doing line for you. Unless the coaching is influencing their decisions on the game just let it go.

Might be the only coach for team and if you’ve asked them to run the line, they’re doing you a favour. Telling them they can’t then coach seems unfair. They’d just turn round and say i won’t bother doing line for you. Unless the coaching is influencing their decisions on the game just let it go.
Safeguarding rules ought to prevent that.

Get out of the habit of saying "foul and abusive language". 😉 There's no such thing on a football field. The term is "Offensive, Insulting or Abusive language (or gestures). The LOTG don't mention the word "foul" because it's not an offence to swear. It's the content and manner of delivery that is what determines whether the referee views it as "OFFINABUS". 😉
The law used to be "Foul or Abusive language" ,which was changed in the mid-90's, I think. It was that when I first qualified back in 1982..... Too many people recall the old (now incorrect wording) to deal with swearing.

Last edited:
The law used to be "Foul and Abusive language" ,which was changed in the mid-90's, I think. It was that when I first qualified back in 1982..... Too many people recall the old (now incorrect wording) to deal with swearing.
Pedantry alert - it was "Foul or abusive . ." (and was changed in 1997 in the big rewrite)

• Haha
Reactions: Kes
The law used to be "Foul and Abusive language" ,which was changed in the mid-90's, I think. It was that when I first qualified back in 1982..... Too many people recall the old (now incorrect wording) to deal with swearing.

Way before my time. 😉😁

But like I said, swearing isn't an offence in and of itself. 😉🙂👍

Back