A&H

the fa badge

The Referee Store
Bit of a newb question, but what badges can I/should I/must I wear?

I like the FA Badge as per the link above, not so keen on my county (Somerset) badge

I like the FA Badge as per the link above, not so keen on my county (Somerset) badge

i dont think you are obliged to wear any at all ... i was told that i could wear any black kit for my first 6 games which would imply that .
certain levels / competitions would state in their handbook,( or by whatever means of communicating with officials they have ) whether refs and assistant refs would need badges, and which ones in particular.
i think i read on here somewhere a while back something that suggested certain leagues would NOT allow you to wear county badges

@richard ramjane - you are required to wear your county badge when you officiate in the County Cup matches (or the FA Cup - unless you have been awarded the official FA badge).

Otherwise, some leagues require you to wear their badge, but those leagues are ceasing to exist.

Depends entirely on the competition. As has been said for FA appointments (e.g. Cup, Trophy, Vase, Sunday Cup, Women's Cup, Youth Cup, County Youth Cup) you are required to wear your county badge, the only exception being if you have been awarded the FA 3 Lions badge or FIFA badge.

Some leagues like you to wear their badge, but that isn't really enforceable. Suppose they could just not give you any games if you refuse though.

Once you get to level 4 it changes, as for contributory league games and above you need to wear the FA badge. You can wear the county badge as well, but it is advised against as could cause problems (e.g. you are a London referee wearing your London badge in a game between Middlesex and London teams, that could be like a red rag to a bull).

I'm never going to get to level 4 (too old, work commitments etc.)

Can I wear the FA Badge:
Eng-FA-Referee_Logo.png

on, say, right pocket and county badge on the left?

Or just the badge above on the left pocket and not do any cups?

If this forum didn't exist, where would you find out this sort of info?

Thanks

J

I'm never going to get to level 4 (too old, work commitments etc.)

Can I wear the FA Badge:
Eng-FA-Referee_Logo.png

on, say, right pocket and county badge on the left?

Or just the badge above on the left pocket and not do any cups?

If this forum didn't exist, where would you find out this sort of info?

Thanks

J
Yes you can do both of those things. If you had just the above badge you would need a county badge that you can stick on should you get a get a county or FA appointment, which is no big deal as standard double sided tape that you can buy from Rymans or the supermarket will do the job.

Technically for an FA appointment you shouldn't have the above badge, just county, but loads wear both and I've never seen anyone picked up on it. I've also seen people stick the county badge over the FA one.

Back