A&H

The Harse v The Foxes

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Mike Dean having a walk in the park so far.....This could end up anything! Defences are rubbish!!!

The Referee Store
Awful game, think Dean has had a decent game so far - did well not to call a handball on whichever generic Leicester defender was hit by the ball, generally controlled things well. Have probably jinxed things now

Awful game, think Dean has had a decent game so far - did well not to call a handball on whichever generic Leicester defender was hit by the ball, generally controlled things well. Have probably jinxed things now
Bit embarrassing players on 100K a week rushing to the referee begging for a pen... Not even close to being deliberate!!!

Bit embarrassing players on 100K a week rushing to the referee begging for a pen... Not even close to being deliberate!!!

Still convinced most players don't know the actual rule. Most seem to have this idea that any sort of 'gaining an advantage' has to be penalised. Ugh

3 nail on cautions in the first 19 mins (morgan should have been cautioned in the 2nd minute)
But I forgot the policy of trying to avoid first half yellows

Still convinced most players don't know the actual rule. Most seem to have this idea that any sort of 'gaining an advantage' has to be penalised. Ugh
The second one, in the lead up to the third Arsenal goal, really lit the touch paper! "It's a match changing decision and they've got to get those decisions right!! I don't know how they missed it!" They didn't! They decided it wasn't intentional / deliberate. (Whichever is right!) if the ball hits a player's arm from behind while he's running he doesn't mean to do it and any advantage is incidental.
I see that VAR got a mention. Basically saying that it's meant to stop any missed stuff like that. They didn't quite go as far as asking for off-field officials but it wasn't far away.

The clue is in the offence description.... 'deliberate handball'...without both words being ticked, PLAY ON......

Did anyone notice MD's new signal (well I've never seen it anyway) for indicating he wants a player to come to him but is just "having a word"?
Making a sort of duck quacking gesture with his hand?
Looks awful, not a a fan at all. (especially when it was a nail on caution)

Did anyone notice MD's new signal (well I've never seen it anyway) for indicating he wants a player to come to him but is just "having a word"?
Making a sort of duck quacking gesture with his hand?
Looks awful, not a a fan at all. (especially when it was a nail on caution)

Yeah remember thinking that at the time, looked very odd. Thought they'd changed the law so that stopping a promising attack no longer carried a caution if it was deemed they were challenging for the ball (similarly to the DOGSO change) but I don't know whether that was just in the penalty area?

So frustrating to hear the commentary team talking about this "game changing handball" from Ozil. That's the stuff that kills us on a sunday morning - such a great example of what is not handball (see above). Missed opportunity to educate millions of people on what is and isn't a handball.

And as for MD quacking hand gesture - total embarrassment. Should be suspended for at least a match for that. Honestly offensive - imagine our observation report if we did that! He does us no favours with the way he conducts himself. This on top of agreeing with the above that he was light on YCs - I actually said to my wife after about 55 mins that I thought he might have genuinely forgot to bring his cards.

Friday kick off is a great idea. Unfortunately between the commentary team and MD is wasn't a good showcase for refereeing and laws.

Yeah remember thinking that at the time, looked very odd. Thought they'd changed the law so that stopping a promising attack no longer carried a caution if it was deemed they were challenging for the ball (similarly to the DOGSO change) but I don't know whether that was just in the penalty area?

Only applies in the penalty area!

Back