A&H

The RA Premium & Adidas Kit

EnglishReferee

Twitter @EnglishReferee
Level 9 Referee
Has anyone had experience with these? I'll purchase the new Nike kit next season but looking for something for the next few months. It's either probably between this or the Adidas one that's currently on sale.

I've attached some pictures below. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0283.PNG
    IMG_0283.PNG
    931.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0284.PNG
    IMG_0284.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
The Referee Store
I've got two of the premium short sleeve black collar shirt (the second picture), one badged, one unbadged.

Really like them, look good.

Only complaint is that the Velcro on the two breast pockets could be a bit bigger, but a good shirt at a great price.

My first kit. Not a bad kit but not up to the standard of the nike and umbro kits of recent years. Wasnt a fan of the shorts personally either.

Thanks for the replies. I'll leave it till the end of today and then make a decision. Hoping someone's had experience with the Adidas kit too as being a top brand I'd expect it to be up there with Nike and for that price can't complain.

I've got an adidas shirt - but not that one. It's similar in quality to the Nike kit, ie. pretty good.
I'm swaying towards the adidas, my only slight issue is it states it cannot be badged due to pocket size..

Before my Nike kit I had an adidas long sleeved and it was fine. Good velcro and I never lost my coin from the pocket, it is now a spare although I might get it out next winter if it gets really cold. As for badging it up, by the time you have done your 5 games, sat your exam and then waited for the badge to come the season might well be over. My badge took about 6-7 weeks to arrive.

Went for the adidas one. Figured it must be decent quality and it's an absolute bargain at the minute. I received my County Badge already and then yeah was told the FA one would be once I complete my final exam. Although the RA Stated it can't be badged, the Scottish FA have theirs on the pocket so not sure why ours wouldn't fit.

Referee or vicar?

The reason the RA won't badge it is because of protocol. You'll find that some people take that seriously in refereeing. If you do continue in refereeing you'll find that breaches of protocol will be used a stick to beat you with.

What's the protocol? Please enlighten me:)
You can't have a Three Lions badge until you've passed the course which means doing your 5 games and passing the examination. Many County FAs want you to have achieved a promotion to Level 6 before they will allow you to wear the County badge. Don't forget you're working with 150 years of "tradition".

If you're buying your first kit and the suppliers get a whiff of that or if they've asked your level, you're not getting a badge.

That's before you get to arguments over licensing and copyright issues for the badges themselves.

Perfect, cheers Brian. The supplier I think just don't Badge the adidas kit, never asked for any details just states on the website they can't do it but have seen other FAs fit it on.

Anyway thanks for the message back, always like to learn new things:)

You will find as you climb the slippery pole that there are traditions that defy logic or sense.

Many leagues have tie ins with sponsors who then expect you to wear said sponsors manufactured kits when officiating games on said league. Part of playing the game.

I have 3 full kits- a sponsor one, a county one and a general one- all black of course. You don't want to turn up to a county cup/league game in a sponsor kit and vice versa. The general kit is for Sunday mornings and the odd district game.

Speaking of traditions, can anyone tell me why the senior AR gets the flag with more orange on in?

My flags are both quartered, but one has the yellow "spines" and the other has orange "spines" - and whenever we've used mine or similar sets, the referee always makes a point of giving the senior AR the orange spines and the junior the yellow spines. I've started doing this myself when handing one of my flags to the other AR and I have no idea why!

Speaking of traditions, can anyone tell me why the senior AR gets the flag with more orange on in?

My flags are both quartered, but one has the yellow "spines" and the other has orange "spines" - and whenever we've used mine or similar sets, the referee always makes a point of giving the senior AR the orange spines and the junior the yellow spines. I've started doing this myself when handing one of my flags to the other AR and I have no idea why!

Down to the match day programme, they have always traditionally listed which flag each assistant will have.

What kit you have really depends on how far you want to progress. If you want to get to level 4 and above then most, if not all, of the officials you work with will have Nike kit, and therefore you might well stand out like a sore thumb if you have Adidas, RA, Errea, etc. Over the years I even heard assessors comment on it (although they shouldn't), and the expectation definitely is that you have the Nike kit.

This adidas one will do for the rest of this season and as a backup next season. Didn't wanna play £80 for the Nike one for them to release the new one in three months and then have to pay out another £80. When do Nike typically release the new season referee kits?

The new Nike catalogue for next season is released on Monday. However, the current kit is only 1 year into its 2-year cycle so it will be the kit for next season.

You can't have a Three Lions badge until you've passed the course which means doing your 5 games and passing the examination. Many County FAs want you to have achieved a promotion to Level 6 before they will allow you to wear the County badge. Don't forget you're working with 150 years of "tradition".

If you're buying your first kit and the suppliers get a whiff of that or if they've asked your level, you're not getting a badge.

That's before you get to arguments over licensing and copyright issues for the badges themselves.
brian does that mean you are encouraged to referee without a badge, frowned upon up here

Back