A&H

Threads being closed too early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having moderated elsewhere (other Referee Forums are available ;) ) I can appreciate the Catch 22 here. The most effective way of dealing with this is moderator filtering - removing the offending posts and allowing the discussion to continue. This however requires an almost slavish commitment from the Mods (which is unworkable really) or an increased number of mods who can pull the offending posts.

Difficult.

The Referee Store
Just having moderators who don't resort to offensive, insulting or abusive language would be a simple place to start, tealeaf.

Only seeing half a picture here - I've largely missed the goings on, so opted for a neutral approach :)

Didn't want to be the Sunday league footballer here. "What happened?" ..explanation follows... Now "seen it" and launch into tirade with team- mates :)

It is time to move on guys. The forum now has a set of rules in place, let's get back to making sure this a great forum for us all again.

I come here to de-stress not the other way around. :D

Yes, lets move on.......never mind that there has been no apology or any other apparent action.

Lets just forget all about it because it was a moderator.......damn sure if i had posted anything like that it wouldn't have been swept under the carpet.

Anyway, obvious that nothing is going be done about it, introducing the rules has nothing to do with what happened, its just a way to make it look like something has been done. A simple apology would have sorted the situation with the need for rules etc.......so this is my last word on the subject.

We all know where we stand now.

Can't I'm afraid ASM, we get accused of closing threads too early when we try to actively moderate the forum to keep it a fun place for all...!
Sorry I started it now guys. It wasn't an attempt to have a go at the moderators and the forum staff cause like I said in the OP I think you do a great job, I just wanted to see threads being left open for a bit longer that's all :cry:

Please, I'm +1 for closing this thread. There's one person who's being a pain and stirring so can we just close it? Please?

Can't I'm afraid ASM, we get accused of closing threads too early when we try to actively moderate the forum to keep it a fun place for all...!
Seeing as how you are the person who posted the foul and abusive language.....not sure what you have to bring to the discussion other than an apology?

Ok, so thought it about time that i popped back in here. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what part of "its been dealt with" you're failing to grasp! Dan has apologised to me about it, so as far as I'm concerned thats the matter closed! It has been dealt with the in same manner as any other user, and as i said i have received an apology, which i feel no need to be made public, so it won't be.

Quite frankly, if you don't like how things operate here, then may i suggest you visit another forum? Im really at the end of my tether with it all if I'm honest, if you want to contribute something worthwhile here, great! If not, then there are other places id prefer you posted your constant attacks at the FA and CFA's!

Anywho, thread closed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back