A&H

To report the line, or not to report the line

On The Game

CAR signaled out, opponent became irate (later CAR admitted it was a mistake so i can understand the frustration). However CAR and the assistant manager from that team became very aggressive back at the player who felt annoyed, at one point dropping the flag and inviting the player to approach him...

I never made any comment to them about reporting the line.. but should I add it to their list of two RCs for VC?

The Referee Store
Follow up question - if i didn't send the offending line away from the FoP, can I still report them? I later found out he was a named substitute... This is a mess I can just tell

As @zarathustra says, you could report seoerately for misconduct. However, their appeal would be "why wasn't I reported at the same time". Difficult.

Best solution ring your RDO and ask advice. The CAR may have previous, the player may bring his attitude up in his appeal (if he bothers); but taking their advice covers you.

Last place you want is to be explaining inaction to the CFA.

Sorry for he delayed reply - I was flooded out of my flat earlier last week and car has been written off too. Nightmare week so living in hotels until a longer arrangement comes in.

Thanks for the advice everyone, wasn't the nicest start to refereeing life in GM. Onwards!

Back