A&H

Trying to get promoted this season from level 7 to level 6. New requirements?

Kref

I was looking at the new requirements for promotion to level 6. And they took out the fitness test:
1662210766019.png
Compared to last year the requirements seem alot easier than beforehand. Ironically I was kinda looking forward ot fitness test as an excuse to finally improve my fitness.
What are your thoughts about this?

The Referee Store
I was looking at the new requirements for promotion to level 6. And they took out the fitness test:
View attachment 5897
Compared to last year the requirements seem alot easier than beforehand. Ironically I was kinda looking forward ot fitness test as an excuse to finally improve my fitness.
There was never a fitness test for 7 to 6, only 5 to 4

View attachment 5897
If you are aiming for promotion you will be able to prove your fitness when the matchday coaches are present - which has always been the case at 7 to 6 (no fitness test)

Depends where you are. Some County FA’s put fitness tests in from levels 7-5
I feel like it would be very useful as it could lead to an increase in the quality of officiating as refs could get up there. Talked to a ref you got promoted last season and my county had it last season but might have scraped it.

There are at least four areas in the 'positioning & movement' section of the L7 - L6 report form where a matchday coach will assess your fitness during the game. If multiple 'focus for development' comments are made, I'm sure that the CFA would not view it favourably. As a coach/mentor/ observer, I would advise not waiting for a physical test later in your career. Self appraisal will tell you what improvements (if any) are needed. Can you still sprint if needed in 85th minute? Are you breathless talking to players following a fast paced part of the game? If a ref feels they are having to work hard all the time, fitness may be an issue. Maintain your fitness, it gives credibility to a ref as opposed to one who never strays out of the centre circle.
Most of all enjoy yourself and best wishes going forward.

It's worth noting that there is no promotion Y2-> 7, that's an error in that document. The FA agree it's an erro but for some reason are not able to get it removed.

Yes, I believe Y2 to 7 is age dependant. However, matches completed as aY2 can I understand be used as qualifying games for 7 to 6 pathway once the official is of age.

Yes, I believe Y2 to 7 is age dependant. However, matches completed as aY2 can I understand be used as qualifying games for 7 to 6 pathway once the official is of age.
Yea this was just part of the document that was sent from my County FA to me and I took a screenshot of it.

Back