A&H

UEFA Futsal Euro 2016

Yampy

RefChat Addict
Starts next Tuesday (Feb 2nd) and the games are live on Eurosport, should be well worth a watch.

Sadly, the home nations (England, Wales, Scotland) didnae qualify. Strangely, Germany don't have a Futsal Nationalmannschaft but all the previous winners are present.

From a refereeing perspective, England's Marc Birkett is one of the tournament officials and given his pedigree, there's a chance of English representation in the final. Marc is the missing link for all you quiz fiends if you're asked to name the 3 Englishmen who have officiated a FIFA World Cup Final. He's always been helpful to me when I've met him on my Futsal duties so, I wish him all the best in Belgrade.

Incidentally, if anyone is travelling between Sheffield and Essex and wants to use the cheapest route, it maybe worth looking to fly via Belgrade and catching a match or two. Amazingly, tickets cost £5 for the day. It'll still be cheaper than the train apparently.

The Referee Store
From all reports, all games will be streamed live (and archived) on YouTube too...

Which'll be good for those of us across the pond without access to EuroSport...

True, UEFA.com has details, I think but a quick search of YouTube should do the trick. Games KO at 18:30 and 21:00 local time (Belgrade - +1 hour GMT)

Back