A&H

Under 7s VC

Thanks for the replies.

I've since been contacted by the league saying the away team messaged to say they were "refreshed" to see a serious incident dealt with as their player was shaken by it all.

I was also told there was a "fight" in the same fixture previously (parents - not kids) so that's why they wanted a qualified ref on the match.

Bizarrely, apart from the red, the rest of the game was very straight-forward - as it should be.

As society continues in it's downward path, refs are needed more and more at a younger age to try and keep things civil, even at this young age.

The Referee Store
I had an U11s game last season with a 'problematic' player. Minor stuff really, like wanting to remove the corner flag to take corners, generally sulking and being petulant after being made to re-take foul throws. He threw a bit of a tantrum after not getting a free kick and I went and told the coach that I think it might be a good idea for him to go off and cool down. Coach apologised and said he had some anger issues and subbed him off.

After the game it turns out that he made very offensive remarks during the handshakes to the only girl on the other team (none of which I heard) but once I was made aware after the game I put in a report and was told the CFA were investigating. If I'd heard what he said at the time, he would have got a RC. Apparently the girl was so upset that she told her parents she didn't want to play football any more.

The worst part of it all was when I saw him leaving the game with the MOTM medal around his neck. The coaches clearly allowed and rewarded his bad behaviour because he was arguably the best player in that team. So frustrating.

Back