A&H

Valkeen

Cam

Hi guys. I have just been given an early Christmas present which is a valkeen. I can't quite get my head around it. I used to use a blast. Would u guys say its like using a fox 40 because when u use a blast a little blow goes a long way.

Cheers

The Referee Store
Valkeen takes some time to get used to but its worth it. I love mine!!

blown wrongly its a horrible sounding whistle, and i must have never heard it blown properly, just a gimmic fox whistles are the best except the pearl, horrific sound

Little practice and you'll get the hang of it. A toot is a toot but a blast - guys in the next continent will know you weren't happy with that tackle!!

Just looking at one of these valkeen whistles - is the pricetag purely based on sourcing and importing or is it genuinely worth an extra 40 quid on a sonik blast for example?

Just looking at one of these valkeen whistles - is the pricetag purely based on sourcing and importing or is it genuinely worth an extra 40 quid on a sonik blast for example?
They arent cheap, but i love mine! I just feel i get more range in tone when i use it compared to a fox. Plus when you blow it, people know youve blown it!!! The other added bonus, you wont hear many of them about, so no problem on a busy council pitch in distinguishing whos blown their whistle. No mistaking the tone of it

I use a sonik blast at the moment. I find it much easier than a fox 40 or acme thunderer (my other two whistles) with the mouth piece and general operation. It must be my technique as i really struggled with the fox 40 and thunderer in my early reffing days.

I suppose I am more interested in what makes it so different that makes it 40 pound more than the alternatives.

Best whistle ive used which means its worth every penny to me. Mine was a present so that took away the shock of the dent in my wallet, but having now used it id happily buy another one if i had to. Like i said above, i just feel i get much more variation in tone and find it easier to use than any of the fox whistles.

I have one and love it, again, mine was a present so the price wasn't an issue.

I would buy another one if I had to though.

Hmm so I ave the first outdoor match of the season with an observer... I am thinking maybe not ideal to use the Valkeen for the first time...hmm?

I've practiced a bit (I have some sound proofed rooms to blow in!) and my lord it is strong... but shrill so far...

Back