A&H

WBA Chavski

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Michael Oliver - yet again - take a bow!

70 mins - lightning reactions to cut the grass at a handball appeal 30m from the WBA goal (no handball obvs not deliberate - but MO makes sure the whole stadium can see) and then 3 seconds later excellent advantage signal as Luiz tries to foul the WBA striker in the centre circle on the break. Eventual shot is fluffed, no YC for Luiz (arguable) but my word... excellent from Michael Oliver.

And it's not the first time. Every match I see he is super sharp. Looks like he is at the top of his game.

The Referee Store
Not a great trait that, we should all be capable of objectively looking at someone and giving honest unbiased answers,
assumed team biased against any team at this level is an absolute myth...

Baggies fan here.

On the whole I thought MO was ok.

However he missed the most blatant handball ever (posted above), but I must admit from my vantage point I missed it in real time.

Another time we are launching a counter attack when a Chelsea fan enters the field from the home area (presumably to stop himself getting battered), he quite rightly stops play. However when Chelsea were attacking and the Chelsea fans threw a second ball on the pitch into the penalty area where the ball was about to be launched into, play was allowed to continue (Chelsea player kicked it off in the end)

Michael Oliver - yet again - take a bow!

70 mins - lightning reactions to cut the grass at a handball appeal 30m from the WBA goal (no handball obvs not deliberate - but MO makes sure the whole stadium can see) and then 3 seconds later excellent advantage signal as Luiz tries to foul the WBA striker in the centre circle on the break. Eventual shot is fluffed, no YC for Luiz (arguable) but my word... excellent from Michael Oliver.

And it's not the first time. Every match I see he is super sharp. Looks like he is at the top of his game.

restart after caution without a whistle shortly after that

However when Chelsea were attacking and the Chelsea fans threw a second ball on the pitch into the penalty area where the ball was about to be launched into, play was allowed to continue
The Laws of the Game state that if:
an extra ball [...] enters the field of play during the match, the referee must:
[...] allow play to continue if it does not interfere with play and have it removed at the earliest possible opportunity
Since the player removed the ball before it had a chance to interfere with play, the referee was correct to allow play to continue.

The Laws of the Game state that if:

Since the player removed the ball before it had a chance to interfere with play, the referee was correct to allow play to continue.

Fair enough.

However like I said there were players in the box already waiting for the cross. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on it though because he would have been looking at the player about to cross the ball.

Back