A&H

What age for promotion?

CA

Level 4 Referee
What age can I apply for promotion? I am 15, and will be 16 on the 8th March. Someone told me it was 18, and someone said 16, so just confused! I've emailed my RDO, but he is out of office until the 2nd January, so thought I might as well ask someone on here! :p

The Referee Store
I believe it's 16 to apply for promotion, you may have to wait until the end of the season to apply for promotion though

Well I got my level 6 (class 2) when I was 17. A lot has changed in 12 years mind

to my knowledge 16 is when you can start, but it may differ by county eg. in west riding our promotion season runs march to march but you have to apply before that therefore in your instance you wouldn't be old enough to apply.
i would say do it asap it gives you a 2nd opinion on your performance even if you dont get promoted you know what you are doing right and wrong and how to change them.

So I wouldn't be able to try and 'haggle' with my RDO? Just to try it? ;)... He seems like a nice enough lenient guy ;)

definitely speak to your RDO as im pretty sure they could sort you something and as i say it may differ by county. good luck

Cheers :3, I just want to progress as quickly as possible! Wouldn't look bad on CV for jobs and stuff! As well as a learning curve and a different experience!

How much of the assessment will be based on club marks?

Yep, since the day I got my level 6. But in the last 12 years I've not been settled anywhere long enough to go for promotion. That coupled with injuries meant I've stayed a level 6 for far too long

Thanks for that! Just had a quick skim over it and it looked pretty useful!

One thing that I have just thought of, is don't you have to do one season before you can go for promotion?

I contacted my RDO and he said that I can apply for the promotion scheme in December 2013 :)

get training for it then, i only realised after my 1st assessment how bad i was (not saying you are going to be bad) now i read LOTG every day like its religious! :D

Back