A&H

What colour do you want?

What woudl you like your coloured top to be?

• Yellow

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zebra (like America football referees)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or something else

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
Since colour kits will be happening, what colour would you like.

I know this may be like voting for which form of torture you want for some of you!

The Referee Store
If you have a yellow shirt (and a black one) what happens when the teams are wearing yellow and black? Do you need to have three shirts?

If you have a yellow shirt (and a black one) what happens when the teams are wearing yellow and black? Do you need to have three shirts?

Well playing the devil's advocate role here. Regardless of what 2nd colour we end up with, at some point you might have a colour clash with both team. Most of us get our appointments a couple of days in advance if not a month in advance and most (if not all) leagues will have a club directory which you can consult; this typically will include what each team wears in terms of kit. Maybe we can take up the initiative here as referees and during our match confirmation procedure we ensure that there is no colour clash if the kit colours used by the teams help us to do so?

But even with that I am well aware you could end up with clash.... at this point i gave up already!

Last time I checked Black was a colour!!! I'm not against black / white at all but I do think that having it black / white only is outdated and needs a re-think!! It seems that they have listened!! Well, some of them have adjusted their volumes on their hearing aids!!! The government will sort this bunch out soon anyway!!!

My reading is that black kits will still be banned at grassroots levels for clubs. This is to give an option (to look trendy) and not look like we are in the 1800's.

My reading is that black kits will still be banned at grassroots levels for clubs. This is to give an option (to look trendy) and not look like we are in the 1800's.
Didn't they wear blazers with a shirt and tie in the 1800s?

My alternative to black is a spare black.

Black is the new black!

All referees need is a 'LBN'!

You could always have a bit of colour perhaps yellow piping instead of white?

Last time I checked Black was a colour!!! I'm not against black / white at all but I do think that having it black / white only is outdated and needs a re-think!! It seems that they have listened!! Well, some of them have adjusted their volumes on their hearing aids!!! The government will sort this bunch out soon anyway!!!

Only in pigment form.......in respect of the transmission of light black it is not a colour it is the absence of light.

Well in that case I'm all for it. I thought the point was to allow teams to play in black but if it's just creating more options for referees then great.

Yeah, and that will last two one or at most two seasons before clubs start to canvass the FA to be allowed to wear black .!

I voted orange as I have never seen a team in any of my leagues play in orange and I have an orange adidas shirt already. To be fair if my cfa said I needed a yellow one I would go back to ebay and get the adidas yellow one. I would always do my equipment checks in my black one though. Let them see the badge!

This does raise an interesting scenario though.

My local saturday mens league is fine, but the womens league i referee also covers sussex, and i also run the line on the ryman development which covers at least 3 other countiesCFAs.

I could end up needing alot of shirts

Back