A&H

Junior/Youth What decisions did you make this weekend that put a smile on your face?

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Ok it was only u11, and the score was 13-1, however for two of the goals players knocking the ball through got fouled as they played the pass but their team mates went on and scored. I had enough time to shout advantage and signal both times for the goals, so was well chuffed with that!

What decisions this weekend did you make that left you feeling really pleased?

The Referee Store
The decision to play the game in the first place! Home coach was keen to call off because of a soggy pitch but tested it for myself, ball bounced and rolled just fine and we ended up with a cracking, hard fought game and 30 or so pretty happy folk :)

Made a cracking cup of tea on would what have been half time on Saturday. Then on the Sunday morning managed to organise all my recycling bins in the 1st half before getting tesco shop done in the 2nd.

Bloody weather :(

I had two (which probably means several bad ones next week)! Played advantage from a foul about 30 yards out, two passes later led to a decent shot on goal and remembered the offender so that I could have a word before the goal kick.

Later on, another foul on the touchline - waited just a couple of seconds to see what would happen - ball still going forward to an attacker. CA raises flag for offside so pulled it back for the FK with no complaints...

Not taking my trainers to Everton Academy meaning i didnt have to do the indoor u10s game so that i was on the line for u12s :D

He didn't say what he had under the vest ;)

... what I wear (and what I call myself) at weekends is my business :)

I once did a game in the cold with the other AR wearing a diving suit - he'd come to the game wearing it as it took him 20 mins to get it on :)

2 penalties, 3 red cards, one official misconduct, 7 cautions. Had a great time, and absolutely confident that me and my NARs got everything spot on. That's put a smile on my face!!

Stood right on the line next to the post and correctly called a corner (came last of defender, only just though) had been in anyother position I would have missed it. This lead to the away team equaliser. The home manager was going mad "no way was that a corner"... Cue defender "leave the ref alone man, it came off me last"... Cue the smug smile on my face :)

To be fair I don't think any of the team liked the manager so even if I got it wrong they would still have stuck up for me to spite him.

A game with blue team having tried to creep up the touch line on a lot of throw ins before I pull them back to where they should be (ball not come into play yet of course). Another blue throw in the second half. Blue player tries to steal a tiny 2 yards which I was fine with (he is in his own half and who cares about 2 yards?), his own captain properly yells at him to get back and take it from the right place.

I turn to him with what I guess is a quizzical look on my face and he says "just saving time, you haven't let him get away with anything all game"

According to one player I was a f'ing clown so must have been making many people laugh or smile with my decisions.

A player once said "you're offit you ref" but in a funny non-aggressive tone... I still don't know if he meant it as a compliment or a insult

Reactions: SM
Today doesn't quite class as the weekend but never mind... ESFA vs Wolves (U18's) I was on the line.

ESFA player sends a through ball to a team mate who slots it home, all seems okay. Then the wolves manager shouts "he was off lino, even our analyst says so!" This being the analyst who was sat up an a scaffolding type structure with a camcorder 30 yards behind play. Just smiled and got on with the job!

Not sending off a keeper for DOGSO.

No, put your anger away! It actually wasn't DOGSO!

Last couple of minutes, 2-1 Yellow, Yellow forward one-on-one, but he takes it around the keepr at speed, ball goes 45 degrees away from goal. Yes, the player would have followed it, but as I said over and over again having given the penalty and yellow card, the ball is going away from goal, the player would have had a shot at an angle at speed, clearly negating the 'obvious' bit of DOGSO. Happy at the end when the skipper came up to me and said 'Yeah, it was going away from goal ref.'

Played a great advantage that lead to a goal; player flattened just inside the box, but it rolled into the path of an onrushing attacker and was smashed into the top corner. Always risky playing an advantage in the box, but it was easier to score than miss.

Almost had to stop myself from celebrating the goal :D

Back