A&H

What was that for ref?

one

RefChat Addict
Here is another one players ask all the time when you give a free kick against them. I have seen some inexperienced referees get into lengthy conversations explaining the decision.

"What was that for ref?" (sometimes shouted from 40 meters away by the captain)

How do you respond?

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I'll kick it off.

"It was for a foul mate!" it sometimes gets a few loughs and generally leaves no room for follow up questions.

"Did you not see what happened then? Even Stevie Wonder would have seen it" normally gets a good laugh and send a good message (while others laugh).

Here is another one players ask all the time when you give a free kick against them. I have seen some inexperienced referees get into lengthy conversations explaining the decision.

"What was that for ref?" (sometimes shouted from 40 meters away by the captain)

How do you respond?
Clearly off/ins/abus behaviour questioning your authority and calling you cheat isn't that right @Padfoot well that's what is implied! :wall:

Clearly off/ins/abus behaviour questioning your authority and calling you cheat isn't that right @Padfoot well that's what is implied! :wall:

OddballPointlessCardinal-max-1mb.gif

I've no problem giving a quick explanation to players but what I won't do is start explaining my decisions to those in the dug out or on the side lines.

Anyone see the Ireland v Serbia ref (Cachir I think) last night grab Ivanovich (ez-Chelsea) by the neck and pull his neck towards him to make himself heard and explain a decision. He was a walking card all night but that looked very cosy with smiles after.

Back