A&H

Junior/Youth What would you do?

I couldn't care less about player registrations.......as a referee it simply isn't my job to get involved in such matters.

If leagues are making rules that are making referees responsible for checking ID's or registrations then they are out of order.

If a manager has a problem over a registration then they take it up with the opposition or league....leave me out of it.

The Referee Store
I couldn't care less about player registrations.......as a referee it simply isn't my job to get involved in such matters.

If leagues are making rules that are making referees responsible for checking ID's or registrations then they are out of order.

If a manager has a problem over a registration then they take it up with the opposition or league....leave me out of it.

Quite right, maybe I should have added its not the referees responsibility to make sure teams check player IDs before the match, but surely good to know as a referee that the obligation is there?

Helps you attempt to get KO on time as you need to factor in the "cards checking" procedure to the prematch routine.

I couldn't care less about player registrations.......as a referee it simply isn't my job to get involved in such matters. If leagues are making rules that are making referees responsible for checking ID's or registrations then they are out of order. If a manager has a problem over a registration then they take it up with the opposition or league....leave me out of it.

Padfoot, I completely agree with you. Over the years several teams have challenged me over eligibility of opposition players. I always reply that it's not a refereeing issue and if they have information that a player is not eligible them it is up to them to progress the matter. I also know at least 2 referees who have acted themselves on claims of ineligibility only to be left rather embarassed when the case was investigated by the local league.

The youth league my son plays on, and I referee for, has ID cards from U11 upwards. At our last league meeting they tried to get a rule introduced making the referees responsible. Fortunately there were a number of officials from clubs that also referee (including myself) present that were quite vocal - I quite agree @Padfoot we are there to referee a game of football per the LotG: what next, asking us to clear a pitch of dog mess that the manager can't be bothered to do...?

Back