A&H

WRCFA Coloured Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they confusing matters, this should be a national decision and not left to the whim of a few men in black blazers at the CFAs.
I've no problem with black personally, I always wore black, I even had one all black with the yellow pipes too (for a while) and it looks Ok too, i'm not a great fan of all the colours available (turquoise and all yellows etc) but its either all black or its not.. I also agree that at the higher levels their needs to be consistency, however at Dog and Duck FC who really cares!!!
Agree, unless the FA are going to start buying us our kit then I'll wear what ever colour they want........

The Referee Store
Guys....if you want to wear black wear black.

If you don't then you should be allowed to!
I'm never a huge fan of the "slippery slope" argument, but I do think it applies here. Currently, teams still aren't allowed to wear black, but if they do happen to turn up in a dark navy kit, we've now lost the "well, you know I'm always going to turn up in black" argument, because they will know we have options. It's making referees life difficult for no obvious benefit IMO.

It's making one person who gets paid to turn up and do his hobby need to have a bit of empathy to the other 30 odd blokes who perhaps want to wear black because it doesn't stain as easily as part of their hobby.

It's one shirt. Everyone's being a bit dramatic.

I also think it'll be in Contrib next season and we'll be expected to have all the shirts which'll be in A and Hs Contrib deal for next years new kit!

It's making one person who gets paid to turn up and do his hobby need to have a bit of empathy to the other 30 odd blokes who perhaps want to wear black because it doesn't stain as easily as part of their hobby.

It's one shirt. Everyone's being a bit dramatic.

I also think it'll be in Contrib next season and we'll be expected to have all the shirts which'll be in A and Hs Contrib deal for next years new kit!
Hmmm, think that's a bit of an oversimplification. IF, referees never worked as a team of three, or never crossed county boundaries then I'd have more sympathy for your point of view. Though even then, someone reffing regularly might need at least two shirts to be fully prepared (or be forever washing his / her one coloured one!).

But actually, one 'colour' covers a multitude of shades and the differemces between say, two yellow shirts will be way more obvious than two black ones .. so working in teams will be much trickier. And there's plenty of referees who work in mutiple leagues across county boundaries (in youth, women's etc this is commonplace) so this could easily result in the need for many more colours.

So, as others have said, it's a slippery slope. Which could have been much improved by stipulating just ONE additional colour nationally and then working with suppliers to ensure greater consistency with regard to the actual shade of colour.

some referees need to wake up and realise match fees are not pocket money/beer tokens
Referee fees are whatever the particular referee wants them to be! You want to buy Joseph's Technicolor referee shirt go ahead, I'd rather purchase a bottle of Malbec thank you very much......

Referee fees are whatever the particular referee wants them to be! You want to buy Joseph's Technicolor referee shirt go ahead, I'd rather purchase a bottle of Malbec thank you very much......

True, but a coloured shirt with an embroidered county badge is what 1 or two match fees depending on how much you get per match and where you buy the shirt.

Hardly going to break the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back