A&H

You need to get in a better position

boblardo

Level 5 Referee
Game yesterday Whites v Reds, red GK punts ball upfield its flicked on and I am sprinting like Usain Bolt to keep up. Ball lands in Whites penalty area at this point I am around 20 yards from goal. Reds player controls the ball and shoots amid cries of "hand ball ref", luckily no goal was scored

Whites player comes over and asks "how i didn't see it?", i politely explain as "I had about 6/7 players obstructing my view and the red striker had his back to me, there was every possibility he hand balled it but I couldn't see it." to which he replied "well you need to get into a better position ref!"

I thanked him for his advice and continued with the game although I did fancy tell him when he miscontrolled the ball in the next phase of play that he "needs to get a better touch" but managed to restrain myself.

Why is always the worst teams and players that give you the most problems?

The Referee Store
i had similar yesterday, yellows defending, reds attacking... the yellow CAR had been pretty poor with offsides all game, so i was going deep and wide to monitor his decision making for a bit... yellow attacks a bouncing ball on the edge of the area, but i'm obscured due to the position ive taken up ... ive missed a handball but i was genuinely trying to take a position specifcally to look for something else. i'm not sure there was any compromise position i could have taken in the circumstances to monitor everything, but it did give me a very uncomfortable moment having to explain that there were 5 players between me and the offender

To answer your question, it is always the worst teams and players that cause problems because they are the worst teams and players. :D

I literally just remembered something that happened in this game, one chap who had been booked for dissent after telling me "the standard of refereeing is really bad" then asked me where I got my "refereeing licence!"

I literally just remembered something that happened in this game, one chap who had been booked for dissent after telling me "the standard of refereeing is really bad" then asked me where I got my "refereeing licence!"
2 seperate statements? - 2 x YC and off we trot.

Back to the OP - How did I not see that? Because I've only got 4 eyes to watch all 22 of you (i do ref in my glasses though!)

2 seperate statements? - 2 x YC and off we trot.

Back to the OP - How did I not see that? Because I've only got 4 eyes to watch all 22 of you (i do ref in my glasses though!)

Really?!

Back