A&H

Your Thoughts

What are your views on this type of match control?

• I like it & use similar.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Not for me, not suited to my style or personaIity.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I like it & I use a less theatrical version.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Really bad idea, not to be recommended.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
(i trust there are the relevant permissions to share this clip)

Context is everything, and the referee’s words might be understood differently depending on what has gone in before.

The style is not for me as I am not comfortable threatening players generally. In detail I don’t think threatening red cards for everyone makes sense at all. But… just from this short clip there is some evidence that the players are respectful and the referee has control. So, if it works for him, fair enough.

This is the crux of it

If it works for him, fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao I am 25, skinny and barely over 6ft. Any adult I speak to like this who has just been in an incident is going to kick back

My thoughts too. Age level is a big factor. At U16 this looks very much like being authoritative. At adult games or say 035 it very likely comes across as rude and disrespectful.

Not every style is for everyone or every game or even every incident in one game. Do what you have to but make sure you don't go from bad to worse.

They're calling him 'sir'. I think there's some sort of power imbalance like maybe he's their teacher.

There's absolutely no way I would talk to players like that, even at youth level.

Back