A&H

505 errors

Mintyref

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
Our erstwhile colleague, @Sheffields Finest has been missing from the site for a few weeks. He is not aware that he has been barred, unless one of the mods knows differently! :)
When he loads the site, he finds pages hanging and ends up with 505 error messages.
This is on his, iPhone, iPad and laptop.

Can anyone give some advice how to rectify the problem unless of course................

If you leave a response or PM me I can pass it on.....

Ta muchly

The Referee Store
I snoozed him a few months ago (sorry Shef, had to be done) and TBH the site has been much better for it (again, no offence to a diamond geezer, I just feel it should ALL be in the off topic).

Maybe he maxed his ZenForo allocation...

505 errors are caused when the server doesnt recognise, or refuses the recognise the HTTP protocol of the client i.e. whatever web browser he's using to access the site.

This sounds like it's technical issue on his side rather than the site, unless @Ross has been playing around with the server settings.

Also I believe banning someone from the site doesn't stop them being able to access the site, just that they can't log in so would need to create a new account with a new email address etc.

Back