A&H

8 Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
oveVARdrive 😅

Typical footballers... fighting like girls
Obviously, the referee's relaxed and controlled demeanour rubbed off on the players... no?

Last edited:
I'm not certain the referee handled it perfectly but there comes a point where you've just got to accept that players want to kick seven shades out of each other and note that no amount of whistling would help.

The Copa Libertadores is probably the most dramatic competition in the world. I love it.

I wouldn't have issued any cards second time around. I'd have blown my whistle 3 times, walked off, watched it all on the box later and then put my report in. :wtf:

Same. The first scrap was bad enough. The second one should have ended proceedings.

Libertadores is crazy. I’ve watched matches in the past, and they make Champions League matches look like a library gathering. Add an intra-city derby into the mix, and it’s not surprising all hell broke loose.

As for the technique of red card giving, I’m genuinely surprised one of those at close range didn’t result in the referee being punched. He never should have been that close to players to issue those cards. In that case (if he didn’t abandon the match), let the madness cease, tell the coaches and captains who are gone, and let them get the players off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back