A&H

Advice please - Racism accusation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then she needs trialled in a criminal court.
Not having her career ended over something which maybe happened.

Adam Johnstons was purely an off field matter? He just happened to be a footballler

The Referee Store
I find it difficult to keep at this debate without getting personal. I will have one more go with the aim of making anyone who makes the sticks and stones argument realise it is completely wrong. We are not talking about humour or friendly talks between mates here.

@Ciley Myrus it is fairly clear to me it is difficult for you to compare the emotional hurt racial abuse causes to physical hurt as you used the example of someone calling you something compared to being smacked. There are other ways of thinking about emotional hurt. I'd ask you, for comparison reason, to think of a deep emotional hurt you have had in your life, not necessarily inflicted by someone, it could be a tragedy. Now compare it to see if you prefer to have that pain, or the pain of a broken nose. If you still say broken nose then you are one of "one in billion" lucky ones. I would take a broken nose pain over many emotional pains I have had in my life.

The hurt suffered by many from racial abuse is far grater than physical pains. A similar concept goes about emotional bullying that is why it has such far reaching consequences.

Then she needs trialled in a criminal court.
Not having her career ended over something which maybe happened.

Adam Johnstons was purely an off field matter? He just happened to be a footballler
I don't disagree that there should be criminal charges. All I'm saying is that we don't know what happened behind closed doors and the FA clearly had reason to punish the individual. Sheffield United clearly took a morale standpoint and didn't want to employee somebody who racially abused somebody which lets face it, is correct with the evidence they have been provided.

The John Terry comparison is correct. IMO, he should have been sacked but wasn't ... why? Because Chelsea would have been affected financially but two wrongs don't make a right

I find it difficult to keep at this debate without getting personal. I will have one more go with the aim of making anyone who makes the sticks and stones argument realise it is completely wrong. We are not talking about humour or friendly talks between mates here.

@Ciley Myrus it is fairly clear to me it is difficult for you to compare the emotional hurt racial abuse causes to physical hurt as you used the example of someone calling you something compared to being smacked. There are other ways of thinking about emotional hurt. I'd ask you, for comparison reason, to think of a deep emotional hurt you have had in your life, not necessarily inflicted by someone, it could be a tragedy. Now compare it to see if you prefer to have that pain, or the pain of a broken nose. If you still say broken nose then you are one of "one in billion" lucky ones. I would take a broken nose pain over many emotional pains I have had in my life.

The hurt suffered by many from racial abuse is far grater than physical pains. A similar concept goes about emotional bullying that is why it has such far reaching consequences.

Seek a support worker then instead of bleeding your heart on a football forum

I don't disagree that there should be criminal charges. All I'm saying is that we don't know what happened behind closed doors and the FA clearly had reason to punish the individual. Sheffield United clearly took a morale standpoint and didn't want to employee somebody who racially abused somebody which lets face it, is correct with the evidence they have been provided.

The John Terry comparison is correct. IMO, he should have been sacked but wasn't ... why? Because Chelsea would have been affected financially but two wrongs don't make a right

So £££££££
Cantona? ££££££S
Suarez. £££££££

Did Sheff U male team not support Evans until sponsors withdrew?

££££££

Its all that matters. Not the morality.

So £££££££
Cantona? ££££££S
Suarez. £££££££

Did Sheff U male team not support Evans until sponsors withdrew?

££££££

Its all that matters. Not the morality.

It's not what matters, but it's what they believe matters. We as not only referees, but human beings should be backing these decisions and shouldn't be debating whether it's acceptable on a forum. Everyone should be singing from the same hymn sheet to help eradicate it from football

It's not what matters, but it's what they believe matters. We as not only referees, but human beings should be backing these decisions and shouldn't be debating whether it's acceptable on a forum. Everyone should be singing from the same hymn sheet to help eradicate it from football

Oh I have when I needed to. As I said the aim here is to make some people aware of their racial views and their denial of it.

if you mean me your wasting your typing finger and i urge you to stick to footballi matters rather thsn deciding if someone you only know by user name, holds racial views

That's just your opinion.

I think you're wrong.

Far too much is made these days of "hurt feelings". It's the basis on which so much of decadent Western society is now built. Snowflakes everywhere moaning about their feelings and their "rights".

As far as I'm aware, nobody ever died from a feeling.

In 100 years time, when we're fighting each other over water and chopping down trees just to keep warm, our ancestors will look back at us today and will marvel over how we could have been so preoccupied with "feelings" and being "offended" etc.

Just for the record my friend, for comparison, having my collar bone shattered playing rugby in my teens hurt me a damned sight more than somebody calling me "baldy" or any such verbals would today. ;)

I think you're wrong.

Far too much is made these days of "hurt feelings". It's the basis on which so much of decadent Western society is now built. Snowflakes everywhere moaning about their feelings and their "rights".

In 100 years time, when we're fighting each other over water and chopping down trees just to keep warm, our ancestors will look back at us today and will marvel over how we could have been so preoccupied with "feelings" and being "offended" etc.

Just for the record my friend, for comparison, having my collar bone shattered playing rugby in my teens hurt me a damned sight more than somebody calling me "baldy" or any such verbals would today. ;)

Labelling racism as 'hurt feelings' and 'snowflakes' is quite simply ignorant

I'm done with this chat now. It's getting personal and quite simply, ridiculous. It amazes me that there's debate surrounding this.

Just to add, if you ever hear monkey chants or a racist slur during your matches and the player takes offence, try calling them a snowflake and see where it gets you. I'm confident it won't land you in another referee appointment anytime soon

if you mean me your wasting your typing finger and i urge you to stick to footballi matters rather thsn deciding if someone you only know by user name, holds racial views
Everyone holds racial views. Some are good. Some are bad. It's subjective yes.

I think you're wrong.

@Kes yes it is my opinion. An yours is yours.

I will say a couple of thing. Youth suicide rate in Australia has been on a sharp increase. I am pretty sure it is not because they are physically hurting in almost every case.

And in a 100 year, i am hoping there will be 'descendants' :D :p of of all human races fighting over food, warmth and water. Many HUMAN races on earth are on the decline while being oppressed by others.

Anyway ill go back to my footballi things.

And in a 100 year, i am hoping there will be 'descendants' :D:p of of all human races fighting over food, warmth and water.

Anyway ill go back to my footballi things.

Oooh!! Yep you got me good with that one. You're right of course, I did mean to type that instead of "ancestors" :D

Just like you meant to type "I'll" instead of "ill". ;) :p

Not only must you conform to the human rights convention, and have graduated from Harvard (only going there after being accepted by Eton), you might find some reference to football here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back