A&H

Allardyce departs England job "By Mutual Consent"

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
So there we have it... Sam Allardyce is officially no longer England's manager after just 67 days and 1 game in charge after a day of talks with the English FA after being filmed suggesting how FA 3rd party ownership rules could be bypassed amongst other things....

Gareth Southgate has been put in charge for England's 4 remaining fixtures this calendar year whilst the FA look for a long term replacement.

English options appear to be limited, slightly worrying was a report earlier today that Steve Bruce is 3/1 favourite! :confused:

Personally I don't subscribe to the belief the England manager should be an English national, especially as most established English managers are football dinosaurs!

No doubt, Southgate's and the long term replacement's first press conference will include a pre-written FA statement about how valuable Wayne Rooney is to the national team blah blah blah! :mad:

The Referee Store
I did not agree with his appointment in the first place, this was reinforced when after his first boring, lucky 1-0 win he said and i quote "Who am i to tell Wayne Rooney where to play?". Having said that although i know its all his fault you cant help but feel sorry for the guy.

I agree, i dont see why the new manager has to be English so here is what i would do. Approach Arsene Wenger now, agree a deal for him to take over when his Arsenal contract expires in the summer and leave Southgate in charge until then. I really think it would suit him as coaching players and getting them to play good football is what he is good at and not having to spend money and bring players in, which he is not very good at.

No doubt, Southgate's and the long term replacement's first press conference will include a pre-written FA statement about how valuable Wayne Rooney is to the national team blah blah blah! :mad:

This is why we always struggle, without paying crazy money, to attract decent managers to the job. The FA want a yes man nothing else, soemone who will play the players they pick from the clubs they decide. Its why we see the same squads with the same players picked under different managers with the odd exception.

A strong, single minded manager wouldn't go near this job unless he got full control from top to bottom but the FA won't want to relinquish control and this unfortunately is why Arsene Wenger, who I think would do an amazing job, is nothing but a pipe dream.

Sam is now lined up for Celebrity Bake off this Christmas.... How else does he now get his hands on some dough this time of year! :eek:

My bet for the scotland job when GS is booted oot is Big Sam

No chance, he will probably never work in football again. There's a chance a club will take a gamble and risk the adverse publicity, but I would be amazed if a national association too that leap of faith.

Let's be honest, unless the EPL restricts non English players into some form of minimum England qualified squad quota I don't care who manages them. The pool of talented English born players is diminishing. We can't have the most exiting EPL with the best of World talent and then expect players picked from lesser EPL teams and The Championship to have any chance in the big tournaments.

Back