A&H

Alli Finally Banned

The Referee Store
“Appeared to mock an Asian man”.

In light of recent events that make me especially uncomfortable.

A one game ban for what could be classed as an act of discrimination based on ethnic origin. Key messages on tackling similar behaviours don’t quite match up here

The message is it was wrong, as referees should we care how long bans or fines are? It’s not our remit or expertise I’d guess! Leave that stuff to others!

As a referee, I don't particularly care.

As a human being, I do though. I think the message/ban for racism offences needs to be tougher. I think some of the bans/fines handed out for racial incidents over the years have been weak.

As a referee, I don't particularly care.

As a human being, I do though. I think the message/ban for racism offences needs to be tougher. I think some of the bans/fines handed out for racial incidents over the years have been weak.
In their findings, the FA confirmed that they did not view his actions as racist. Just foolish and very ill advised. Hence the more lenient punishment

Bobby Madley is banned for years. Alli is banned for just one match.

Sounds about right🤔
Bobby Madley had his contract terminated; he was not suspended or banned. He moved abroad to live with his girlfriend. He's now moving back to the UK and will resume his refereeing career.

He (Bobby) got a longer ban than Delle Alli when he played Extra Time in a FA Youth Cup game when he was a Level 2B/3.

Step back from your indignance. Referees are held to a higher standard.

Back