A&H

Amazing!

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
John O' Shea (37 - over 600 senior appearances) absolutely gobsmacked yesterday and argued the point when referee told him he couldn't take a free kick inside his own penalty area and play it to his GK (Also in pen area)

I'm always amazed how professional footballers (and ex ones when they are pundits) don't know the LOTG.

The Referee Store
David Moyes last year on commentary, said that if a player gains an advantage from the ball inadvertantly hitting a players hand HAS to be handball!!! Eh????

Thats a common one and one which is up for change?

Its common or at least understandable at 'amateur' level, but its not unreasonable to expect a player like that to know that one!

Yes, I know, if they do change it, no one will notice anyway!

Bit like GK shirt colours v ref shirt - bit of an obsession of mine - have never got over Anton Ferdinand appealing for offside from a GK several years back!

I had a U16 game last week where they never knew the ball could be kicked forward from centre.
Everybody is so accustomed now to seeing it kicked back the way
this team thought the actual rule had been changed to, must kick it back.....

I was told the other day by someone who was insistent that a goal kick has to go forward, is this true ?

I know its not something that pops up regular but you do teams playing ball almost along the six yard box to a defender to start the play.

I was told the other day by someone who was insistent that a goal kick has to go forward, is this true ?

I know its not something that pops up regular but you do teams playing ball almost along the six yard box to a defender to start the play.

No - doesn't have to go forward but must leave the area before anyone else can touch it.

John O' Shea (37 - over 600 senior appearances) absolutely gobsmacked yesterday and argued the point when referee told him he couldn't take a free kick inside his own penalty area and play it to his GK (Also in pen area)

I'm always amazed how professional footballers (and ex ones when they are pundits) don't know the LOTG.
I know right....I mean.....if you're getting paid crazy money to play a game, shouldn't you take a moment to learn the rules of that game? Just seems like basic professionalism to me...

Heck, I played rugby for a year and read the rulebook for that (or is that just something a referee does?)

Same with the ball being kicked out for a "corner" directly from a goal kick.
It is still a goal kick.... But people still complain.

Back