A&H

Annoyed

Just say I’ll think about it and send them in anyway! 👍
Don't say I'll think about it. It encourages them to keep asking it, thinking there is a chance you may not report. I have been asked and my response is a polite, "of course I will. you shouldn't be even asking me that. Every referee must report every card".

The Referee Store
Don't say I'll think about it. It encourages them to keep asking it, thinking there is a chance you may not report. I have been asked and my response is a polite, "of course I will. you shouldn't be even asking me that. Every referee must report every card".
I’ve found that the thought that you’re at least thinking about it calms them down and can calm down a potential confrontation. Saying abruptly you 100% are doesn’t calm a situation down and may make it worse. Same outcome, more teeth!

I’ve found that the thought that you’re at least thinking about it calms them down and can calm down a potential confrontation. Saying abruptly you 100% are doesn’t calm a situation down and may make it worse. Same outcome, more teeth!

All that does is move the problem along to next week's ref where the players will continue to ask the question.

I used to use that response and I never lied. I always thought about not putting them in, but after reflection I always did........

Refereeing is a simple art, why would a referee enflame an already terse situation... Great advice

Back