A&H

Another Tape/Undershort Thread

Darius

RefChat Addict
So we have the home team who's kit is designed in a way that the left leg of the short ends in gold and right leg black. So which undershorts should they wear?!

Away team have orange socks which have a white hoop surrounded by a black hoop either side of it exactly where players put the tape! What colour should they wear?

My actual least favourite section of the LOTG by a million miles

The Referee Store
Undershorts need to match the predominant colour of the shorts. Sock tape needs to match the colour of whatever part of the sock it's put onto. Petty, irritating, unhelpful to building rapport .. but not unworkable

My least favourite part of the LOTG. P130-131, restarts in a variety of highly unusual but still very plausible scenarios. Just all seems a bit random to me so I struggle to remember which is which (and have my promotion workshop inc LOTG test on Monday!)

My least favourite part of the LOTG. P130-131, restarts in a variety of highly unusual but still very plausible scenarios. Just all seems a bit random to me so I struggle to remember which is which (and have my promotion workshop inc LOTG test on Monday!)
If it's the pages defining restart following VC, then I agree.
I found it so confusing that I drew up a document making it clearer. If of interest, I will attach it, if I can find it....

Did the kit check on Saturday for my game and to a man, they all have the same coloured tape as their socks, a rarity indeed. Sadly both teams wore black socks and some ins and outs were a challenge :confused:

Undergarments matching the most prominent colour.

Hopped socks, pick one of the two colours and get the whole team to stick to it.

Hopped socks, pick one of the two colours and get the whole team to stick to it.

Is that a bit like hopscotch? :rolleyes:

Actually, on hooped socks, using both colours (eg Green and White) is fine as long as the green tape is on the green bit and the White tape on the White.

Just back from our promotion workshop .. zero tolerance message in this whole area was reinforced once again ....

Did the kit check on Saturday for my game and to a man, they all have the same coloured tape as their socks, a rarity indeed. Sadly both teams wore black socks and some ins and outs were a challenge :confused:
should have asked one of the teams to change their tape colour ;)

The sock tape law is the most ridiculous, unwanted, un-necessary law in the book and is a complete pain in the neck. The sooner it is taken out of the laws the better.

I know I am in a minority, but I think the original theory behind the sock tape and under shorts law had the best of intentions, but in reality has probably come across as a bit anal. When Ronaldo was still at Man United, there would be days where his black socks were more white than black due to the amount of tape he used, although he was far from alone. Black vs white socks often became white vs predominantly white socks.

However the law does seem completely pointless when the likes of the Premier League appear to have chucked the rules of colour clashes out the window. How Newcastle vs Sunderland with both sides wearing black shorts and something and white stripped shirts is not deemed to be a clash by the premier league, match referee and to an extent the TV companies is beyond me.

newcastle-sunderland-2265303633.jpg

If I am refereeing down the local rec on a Sunday and both sides turn up with something and white striped shirts, I will be wanting one of them to change whether they like it or not! Had a few youth matches over the years where both sides have worn black shorts and socks, seems to be a popular choice down here. Had to run with it and warned managers pre-match me and my assistants would do our best, but that they shouldn't complain if the odd throw/offside doesn't go the right way. Can be an absolute nightmare!

Where as UEFA and FIFA appear to be a lot stricter with ensuring sides wear contrasting kits.

Back