A&H

Anthony Taylor

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Off to see him tonight - speaking at County Headquarters for local referees' society.

Apparantly wants to know what club everyone supports - so obviously some sort of interaction planned.

I'll let you know how it went tomorrow

The Referee Store
He’s p1ssed off just about everyone recently.

One question Bashams first yellow card, does he regret it?

I'm hoping there are NOT going to be those sort of questions!;)

More interested in cough, cough, wider issues - if I get the chance, would be interested to know his thoughts on VAR.

Ask him how he thought he did yesterday in the Everton v Bournemouth game.

He was effing abysmal.

With all due respect, I think his expectation in addressing a room full of referees, is that he won't get 'fan type' questions/accusations like that.

I saw highlights of the game and can see there might have been decisions to disagree with (like most games at all levels), that's a long long long way from being 'effing abysmal'.

With all due respect, I think his expectation in addressing a room full of referees, is that he won't get 'fan type' questions/accusations like that.

I saw highlights of the game and can see there might have been decisions to disagree with (like most games at all levels), that's a long long long way from being 'effing abysmal'.

You can change it into a worthwhile question, such as, Any advice for self analising your game,for example we saw you live on tv yesterday, what kind of thoughts do you have when driving home.....

If they pay me 80k a year before bonus, I would be happy to strip and stand on my head for an hour in front of my colleagues, far less talk refereeing to them

No doubt in their contract, I wonder how many they are expected to do.

Presume they get match fees/expenses on top of that £80K?

No doubt in their contract, I wonder how many they are expected to do.

Presume they get match fees/expenses on top of that £80K?

Tbh am not exact on the salary but yes all the add ons come too, am sure it was 60k when they first went full time/pro but somebody else will know better

I'm hoping there are NOT going to be those sort of questions!;)

More interested in cough, cough, wider issues - if I get the chance, would be interested to know his thoughts on VAR.
If you're talking about VAR, he'll have an exercise which involves you being the VAR, sitting in front of video and having to communicate with the referee what you're seeing and why you think there's a need to review or, change his decision. Easy in 10 seconds isn't it?

If they pay me 80k a year before bonus, I would be happy to strip and stand on my head for an hour in front of my colleagues, far less talk refereeing to them
80k, don’t sell yourself short, Miley, we may need a new First Minister soon, hows your ‘Freedom’ speech?

Well it was a very entertaining evening, but he did ask, well insist actually, not to post any details of what he said on social media, so I won't!

Suffice to say, if he comes to a room near you, well worth going along.

PS I won some chocolates in the raffle - haven't got through all the Christmas ones yet though!:)

Well it was a very entertaining evening, but he did ask, well insist actually, not to post any details of what he said on social media, so I won't!

Suffice to say, if he comes to a room near you, well worth going along.

PS I won some chocolates in the raffle - haven't got through all the Christmas ones yet though!:)
I also won some chocolates in the raffle. Maybe we are matter and anti-matter

Tbh am not exact on the salary but yes all the add ons come too, am sure it was 60k when they first went full time/pro but somebody else will know better
I was reading an article and from what I remember it was 65 plus a retainer plus match fees for league and cups. I think for the World Cup, referees will take home 50k but only the best performing

Back