A&H

Anyone Selling Touchline Electronic Flags?

stref2010

Hi all. It's my second season at level 4, and I've gradually seen my club and observer marks go up, to the point where I'm band A for observers and band C for clubs at the mid point of the season.

However, I would like to get my own set of buzzer flags to help me find those extra half marks in terms of being quicker on the tight offsides that I'm not expecting a flag for, and other issues that may need to be brought to my attention, thereby hopefully limiting dissent and keeping my match control etc at top levels. Is anyone on here selling a pair of Touchline flags, or know of anyone who is? Having used several different makes on contrib matches, I much prefer Touchline to the rest, and it seems as though everyone else does, because A & H have sold out on their website and I can't see any online!

I know we're in the lead up to Christmas, so probably a tough ask, but if anyone can help out I'd be very grateful. Cheers.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
if you've been a good boy you could ask santa (or your family) for some money towards some new ones?!

if you've been a good boy you could ask santa (or your family) for some money towards some new ones?!
Thanks for the reply es1. I don't own a pair at the moment - and the main issue is I can't find anyone/anywhere that is selling the Touchline model! I personally prefer the way they feel/handle, so would rather buy them if I'm going to make such a big purchase, but am open to looking at alternatives....not a huge fan of the continental diamond style on the Ervocoms either.

Thanks for the reply es1. I don't own a pair at the moment - and the main issue is I can't find anyone/anywhere that is selling the Touchline model! I personally prefer the way they feel/handle, so would rather buy them if I'm going to make such a big purchase, but am open to looking at alternatives....not a huge fan of the continental diamond style on the Ervocoms either.

personally i dont notice much difference between the two. refscall are the obvious 'value' version but ervocoms and touchlines are both excellent pieces of kit.

wonder if the flags are interchangeable though? @Ross my be able to confirm...

You don’t need to have the diamond flags on ervocoms. We can order them with the standard British quarters if needed

One difference I have seen/heard is that Touchline flags seem sturdier, whereas a few people I've seen have said that the button starts wearing on the Ervocoms. Don't know if you've come across this issue or before, or have any comment on it.

Hi all. It's my second season at level 4, and I've gradually seen my club and observer marks go up, to the point where I'm band A for observers and band C for assessors at the mid point of the season.
:wtf:

That is a good set of bandings..... Two different grades from the same people :wall::wall::wall::wall:

I never understand this. Your thinking of flags because of how they feel/handle
yet as referee, you wont be feeling or handling them
whose to say your ARs (the ones using them) despise them? and also, there is 2 Ars to the 1 ref.
the ref liking the handling of the flags has no influence on how the AR (the ones using them) might feel !!!!

I never understand this. Your thinking of flags because of how they feel/handle
yet as referee, you wont be feeling or handling them
whose to say your ARs (the ones using them) despise them? and also, there is 2 Ars to the 1 ref.
the ref liking the handling of the flags has no influence on how the AR (the ones using them) might feel !!!!
I understand your points but don't necessarily agree.

1. I have to be confident in the flags that I'm providing. If I don't like them or don't feel comfortable with them, then I'm going to be worrying about that during the game. If I am providing my assistants with flags that I am comfortable using and providing, then I can put my mind at ease.
  2. I'm not able to ask every assistant (some of whom at supply level won't have used buzzers/won't use them frequently) what they think of the different sets available. So, if I go off what I think of the various buzzer models, and what other referees have said about them on platforms like this and at RA meetings etc, that's enough for me to decide which ones I'm going to purchase.
  3. I've had touchline non-buzzer flags my whole refereeing career and have never had any assistants complain about them, so I don't see why moving to touchline buzzer flags would be any different.
  4. I'm the one spending hundreds of £s on them!

I understand your points but don't necessarily agree.

1. I have to be confident in the flags that I'm providing. If I don't like them or don't feel comfortable with them, then I'm going to be worrying about that during the game. If I am providing my assistants with flags that I am comfortable using and providing, then I can put my mind at ease.
  2. I'm not able to ask every assistant (some of whom at supply level won't have used buzzers/won't use them frequently) what they think of the different sets available. So, if I go off what I think of the various buzzer models, and what other referees have said about them on platforms like this and at RA meetings etc, that's enough for me to decide which ones I'm going to purchase.
  3. I've had touchline non-buzzer flags my whole refereeing career and have never had any assistants complain about them, so I don't see why moving to touchline buzzer flags would be any different.
  4. I'm the one spending hundreds of £s on them!

Everybody is of course free to do as they choose
I think point 3 is the most relevant one though, why change a winning formula
I still don't get why as referee you need to be comfy with a flag that someone else is using. As AR I despised ref call flags for example, so, that given ref might have thought he was ok with them, in reality, giving them to me as AR put me on a downer. If that makes sense.

I also observed a game this season where the ref borrowed a set of buzzers. it was his first time using them. His far side AR was on his first ever line, had never held a flag, far less a buzzer flag!
i wont go into how shambolic it was, am sure folk can work that out for themselves !!!!!!!

still, cant beat that feeling of strolling into the refs room and going "hey lads got the buzzers today YAS !! " :(

Back