A&H

APP for IPHONE to use during a match

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Hi all,
Sorry if this has already been covered. I am aware the professional refs use pro-zone which uses hi-tech CCTV type cameras which motors how far they are away from the ball/incidents how far they run and there sprints heart rate etc etc.
I appreciate even the best app in the world will not be able to monitor how far we are aware from the ball/incident but are there any similar apps to help with the other matters???

Regards
Dave

The Referee Store
None that I'm aware of. Only thing i know that you can use to record match information is the spintso

Not sure if you have found anything yet but try downloading runmeter from the App store.
Will this work on such a small scale? (I.E a pitch) Just because I'm not too sure how accurate it would be in detecting the small movements made on a small area.

Yes, it will use the built in GPS in the phone. It can also be used for training sessions it's a good little app and its free but you can upgrade it for £2.99

He was being chased after sending someone off. LMAO

The GPS had a funny turn, it's almost impossible to get it 100% correct but in general it's the best I have come across yet.

hehehehe...he also went haring off into the corner AND looks like he went round and round the changing rooms looking for the toilet!

More seriously though, I use similar GPS apps when I'm playing golf, but even the most accurate system can only get down to about 2 or 3 meter accuracy, and, as in the example above, over a 90 min football match, there is just a mass of blue lines so I'm not entirely sure what you could glean from the info, other than distance covered etc.

Also, why on earth would you take an iphone onto a football pitch???

Its not ideal, but we dont have access to pro-zone, so it has to do. Yes you can get didtance covered from it and to some degree what areas you covered, i.e. did you make it into the penalty areas. Also you can have a bluetooth heart rate monitor attached that records your heart rate during the match.

Also with the iPhone its a complete package these days no need for the match pad, red or yellow card. Just take the iPhone and use iRef app and record your match and show cards by holding your phone in the air.

GPS in golf?? Is that so you can find your balls??? :D

GPS in golf?? Is that so you can find your balls??? :D

Lol, not even GPS can help find my hooked shots!

One a course is 'mapped' in the app, it can give distances to front/middle/back of green, to hazards, measure actual shot distance and u enter the score and stats each hole.

Have been googling around, looking at some of the referee apps available for android - nothing grabs me I'm afraid.

I love the idea of using an iPhone to issue red and yellow cards... Incident occurs, ref runs over taking out phone, holds up what he believes is a yellow card on phone, player asks "why are showing me a picture of your dog?" :)

Closest my phone gets to the pitch is locked up safely in my car. Have you looked into a GPS watch? They were a bit prohibitively expensive when I last checked

Not had that problem.

However it does have its draw backs, I miss a lot of fouls as I am still checking Facebook or twitter, updating about the last free kick given away by red 7 when blue 4 takes a quick free kick, I'm half way through my twitter live match update when a two footed challenge goes in, next I got 22 men fighting.

But I tweet match abandoned before even blowing the whistle, and as my county FA follow me on twitter I won't have to put a match report in

Back