A&H

Appointment to games

Brad

Level 8 Referee
So I recently passed my course (yesterday) and I am unsure on how to get appointed to games. I have been given a handbook with all leagues in and email addresses etc. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

The Referee Store
Congratulations pal.

You need to email the referee appointment secretary of the leagues you used to officiate in.

You may have the contact details in your handbooks but if not you'll need to request them from your county, or ask at your local referees association meeting.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Keep us posted how your first few games go.

Congratulations pal.

You need to email the referee appointment secretary of the leagues you used to officiate in.

You may have the contact details in your handbooks but if not you'll need to request them from your county, or ask at your local referees association meeting.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Keep us posted how your first few games go.

Thanks! Yes I have the secretaries emails to all the leagues in my handbook. I am unsure about what to put in the email. Eg: my availability , age ?

Thanks a lot

Thanks! Yes I have the secretaries emails to all the leagues in my handbook. I am unsure about what to put in the email. Eg: my availability , age ?

Thanks a lot

Keep it simple mate.
Something along the lines of:

Hi (insert name)
My name is ........ and having just successfully completed my basic referees course on 21st November 2015, I'm keen to get started refereeing as soon as possible. I'm .... years old and I live in....... I'm available for matches (insert days of the week you want to do matches) and am happy to referee any match you might consider for me.
Please feel free to contact me by return e mail or better still phone me on ........ so that we can discuss anything you may need to with me.

I hope to hear from you very soon.....

:)

Pretty much mate.

Name, age, contact details, availability, transport (i.e. If you can drive), how often you are typically free in a month etc.

Make it as friendly and professional as you can, as if you were applying for a job.

You need to make a good impression!

Keep it simple mate.
Something along the lines of:

Hi (insert name)
My name is ........ and having just successfully completed my basic referees course on 21st November 2015, I'm keen to get started refereeing as soon as possible. I'm .... years old and I live in....... I'm available for matches (insert days of the week you want to do matches) and am happy to referee any match you might consider for me.
Please feel free to contact me by return e mail or better still phone me on ........ so that we can discuss anything you may need to with me.

I hope to hear from you very soon.....

:)

Thanks a lot

Pretty much mate.

Name, age, contact details, availability, transport (i.e. If you can drive), how often you are typically free in a month etc.

Make it as friendly and professional as you can, as if you were applying for a job.

You need to make a good impression!

Cheers mate :)

Back