A&H

Aspiring Referee (Hopefully)

The Referee Store
With Argos Ikea screwfix toolstation and bookies we should never have to buy a pencil ever again!

Thanks everyone I'll pick up a couple of watches and "borrow" some pens from paddypower the next time I'm in, the rest of the kit can wait until we confirm what they'll give me

Unless you are oblivious to Scottish football or indeed national news in the last few days, the merest indication that you would step foot into a bookmakers will instantly deny you any chance of officiating....ok you might not be qualified or even registered as yet but no match official can place a bet on any game worldwide as per SFA rules, you could of course claim you were betting on a horse......

Unless you are oblivious to Scottish football or indeed national news in the last few days, the merest indication that you would step foot into a bookmakers will instantly deny you any chance of officiating....ok you might not be qualified or even registered as yet but no match official can place a bet on any game worldwide as per SFA rules, you could of course claim you were betting on a horse......
or on one of the myriad of other sports/non sports markets you can bet on!

As per this here webpage (http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting-rules), it appears it's a little more complicated than that in England. Specifically, as long as you're level 4 or below, you're allowed to bet as long as it doesn't involve a league you've refereed in that season. Worth pointing out to our newly promoted L3's though that they're now banned from betting on any football worldwide.

Until refereeing at a decent level as stated above I don't see gambling being an issue, as long as it's not on games/leagues you're on it shouldn't be an issue

On a better note I done some sprints this morning as suggested and I can do about 7/8 before collapsing so I do have some fitness to improve on although there's 13 weeks until the start of the course.

To GreameS
As per this here webpage (http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting-rules), it appears it's a little more complicated than that in England. Specifically, as long as you're level 4 or below, you're allowed to bet as long as it doesn't involve a league you've refereed in that season. Worth pointing out to our newly promoted L3's though that they're now banned from betting on any football worldwide.
Thanks for answering my question before I asked it!!!!!!!

On a side note and those that know me know my companies situation will understand!! I get asked regularly to sponsor teams, shirts, even buy kit, etc etc, £500 - £1000!!!! i think they see me as a soft touch with regards to easy money. Alas, its a similar predicament to the gambling situation, get rumbled sponsoring some shirts with your company name on and they do 'well' with you in the middle your reputation is absolute toast!!!!

So it's a few weeks now until I start and I can confirm I've improved my fitness a lot and I've been reading all of the posts on here and taking some notes and I'm feeling confident ahead of the course starting.

I appreciate the advice everyone has given me.

Back