A&H

Attitude.................

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
When i used to watch my son at his U10 games(He's 21 now) i was appalled at the decisions made by so called "club referees" obviously biased towards their team,and the linesmen were no better .Then my son and i would stay behind and watch the mens match refereed by a qualified referee and i used to say to my son " Now that is how you referee a match," It was then i decided with a little help from his team manager to register on a referee training course.In April this year i've reached my 10 years as a referee and only just applying for Level 6,inactive for a couple. In all that time i can quite honestly say i have never cheated,bent,changed,adapted the rules of the game in any way... yes i've made errors in judgement... but nobodys perfect ... you pick yourself up and be the better referee.
But to read on different forums that some people are not applying the Laws of the Game as stated in the handbook.Yes, true sometimes commonsense must prevail in certain situations, but sometimes it seems as if club referees have infiltrated the site... much to my dismay.....

The Referee Store
Surely you have adapted the LAWS of the game(We follow LAWS not rules). Not one referee will have the same adaptation of the laws as another. For example I might think something is dissent, you might not. However, I agree with your other point it does disappoint me to hear of referees not doing the correct thing because they feel like it, or will lose match control.

I agree there.....especially when I read online when referees support making the completely wrong decision simply because it's the 'expected' decision. As a group, we are our own worst enemy.

In April this year i've reached my 10 years as a referee. In all that time i can quite honestly say i have never cheated,bent,changed,adapted the rules of the game in any way.

Now, had you left that at 'cheated', I might have given you some credibility. The fact that you added, 'bent, changed and adapted', whilst accusing some refs on here of bias, by comparing them to club referees, using your own yardstick, is, to say the least, disappointing

If you care to read through some of the forums\threads there has been a couple where admissions have been made in not applying the laws of the game properly... It is to that I refer... I don't think referees "cheat" I haven't encountered said situation..... That was a referral to my attitude to the game only.....
I blow that whistle after 90 minutes and know I have been fair and applied the laws of the game as what is expected of me. I will express my opinion on situations as presented on this forum... But draw a line at direct abuse......

Now, had you left that at 'cheated', I might have given you some credibility. The fact that you added, 'bent, changed and adapted', whilst accusing some refs on here of bias, by comparing them to club referees, using your own yardstick, is, to say the least, disappointing
I didn't see any accusation of bias in what he said at all.

Erm......:confused:.....let me see.....Mikedn refers to 'so called club referees, obviously biased towards their team' and then says 'sometimes it seems as if club referees have infiltrated the site'

ergo....

Okay haywain, I am sure we all agree that are very good and honest as the day is long CARs out there. I am sure mikedn did not mean to imply all CARs and less than able to see beyond their own teams interests. Mikedn, we all know what you are saying, can I just ask you to be mindfull of your phrasing.

Let's play nice guys.

Seriously questioning this referee lark....please read this thread in "match incidents" this is what I'm referring to.. About last weeks ref paragraph

Back