A&H

Awkward...

The Referee Store
Not only did he get in the way of the ball, looks like he attempted to run away from the ball by turning his back to where the ball and play was. :confused:

Player in white denied by the ref responded with some sarcastic applause!

Not only did he get in the way of the ball, looks like he attempted to run away from the ball by turning his back to where the ball and play was. :confused:

Player in white denied by the ref responded with some sarcastic applause!

One of those times it's hard to do him for dissent after you've had that mare.

I had a game last weekend where a sliced clearance ricocheted off me, dropped to the feet of a midfielder who promptly booted it straight in. Wasn't very popular after that...

I hope you did the right thing and ran with the goal scorer on a lap of honour to celebrate? :p

Having scored twice whilst refereeing (including the winner in a U10s tournament final) I can tell you the temptation is tough! :p

Reactions: SM
First one - long clearance from a goalkeeper after a backpass smacked me in the bonce and lobbed the oppo keeper.

Second one U14s this time, lad takes corner and it's cleared to him again. He blasts it straight at a defender and it comes back to him. I jokingly said "You've got another go!" He hits it again and it's awful, a huge slice, but hits me on the knee loops up and in. Thing is there was realistically naff all wrong with my position. Think of a letter L. The player is at the angle, the goal at the top and I'm on the end of the _ part. That's how bad the shot was.

Back