A&H

bad club score

andy love

Level 7 Referee
here have a read of this! the score is 49-100 .......:mad:

Throughout the whole of the game the referee's decisions were based wholly on the reaction from the Lipson manager and supporters; his blowing of the whistle was always delayed making players and supporters unsure of what was to happen; he was constantly looking over towards the manager for his reaction and also reacted on the shouts from the supporters.
At a score of 2-2 an incident in the penalty box that the ref seemed to be happy to leave changed when a Lipson supporter who was standing behind the goal called for a penalty; the ref then awarded this of which the Southgate goalie saved, the penalty taker then scored from the rebound but the ref blew up and said "no goal". The Lipson manager ran onto the pitch towards the ref shouting that it was a goal along with all the Lipson players who surrounded the ref as well also shouting that it was a goal; he then changed his mind and awarded the-goal. Although this was-a legitimate goal the ref had indicated by word and-gesture that it--wasn't a goal but changed his mind on the actions of the manager and players. The referee did not caution the manager for entering the field of play or the players for their shouting and abusive actions. From then on the the Southgate players were verbally abused by the Lipson supporters until the final whistle.
The ref requested to speak to the Southgate manager to justify his decisions but the manager refused, paid him, said he would be writing a report and left.

this is my evaluation of the game,

not once did the lipson side influenced my decisions for example when a southgate player put his hands to his face to protect it incurring a hand ball and they were all jumping like maniacs, his players were giving more abuse to the lipson side, and i did not once hear any abuse from lipson fans or management, yes i waited a little to blow to see if play would build up, the penalty i decided that it was a penalty straight away just wanted to see if lipson would get a shot in, during the penalty yes i made a mistake there i hold my hands up to that, as the ball rebounded back to the taker i said in my head he can't do that and on protest from the players not the manager i realized that i ****ed up and as the manager got to me i had changed my mind, i did tell the manager to leave the FOP but i never sent him away to the changing room, he too apologized instantly, he said he don't know what came over him.

there was a lot riding on this game, southgate were in 1st position and lipson in second with a game in hand and 1 point between them. where he states that i was looking at the manager, it was the assistant manager who was running the line in the second half and i would look to him to confirm the correct way for the throwings, corners ect.

my mentor has said:

what you have to remember is that managers aren't referee assessors and if you have waited til after the incident thats a good thing as you allow to see if play will develop.

The Referee Store
you'll find nearly all losing managers are like this. its sort of a natural defence mechanism

I wouldn't get too hung up over club scores! Sour grapes is the way I see it 99% of the time

i just love the fact that there is nothing positive, about it not one bit, one of the lipson supporters came up to me and asked why i didn't give a blatant handball, there way, i replied the ball was kicked at about 3 meters from the offender and he raised his hands to protect his face, the ball dropped to a lipson players feet and he lost it to another opponent, there was no advantage to southgate and it was not done with intent merely a reaction to something hitting his face and the law clearly states handball with intent. he shuck my hand said thanks for clearing that up ref i thought you may of had a reason, turns out it was his son that gained the ball and then lost it, as i heard his dad say son that is the reason you play to the whistle ;)

Back