A&H

Ball to hand?

The Referee Store
Not saying the referee took up a bad position, but he was in a bad position to see the HB
Was it deliberate? No. Would i expect it to be given if seen? Very much so
It looks like he picked up pace to get into position after the incident, but it was obviously too late at that stage.

An AAR would have been useful here. Which one do you send off?
I couldn't tell on first viewing who it came off and I think the referee wouldn't have fancied guessing and sending the wrong player off...

Not saying the referee took up a bad position, but he was in a bad position to see the HB
Was it deliberate? No. Would i expect it to be given if seen? Very much so
I don't like the referee's position - in fact, that position is exactly why he missed it. Had he been off to the far corner a bit more (as you normally would be), he'd have a perfect view.
And it was deliberate - the players have moved towards the ball with raised arms.

I couldn't tell on first viewing who it came off and I think the referee wouldn't have fancied guessing and sending the wrong player off...

Even if you don't know who it was, still put down the penalty - but if both have done it you can send off either!

An AAR would have been useful here. Which one do you send off?
Heck, the AR should have been able to spot this....so what on earth has gone wrong in the process here??

Think you might find they're meeting to support these stupid handball decisions!
Maybe they want only their stated LOTG considerations to be the only considerations, not whatever consideration others want to chuck in as their own personal variations of the LOTG stated considerations!! Sensible stuff really!!!

I understand IFAB will be considering a blocking substitutions during Injury Time (Something I thought was an obvious consideration decades ago). Also, to allow players to leave the FOP at the nearest boundary
IFAB must have been informed about the concept of time wasting!

I understand IFAB will be considering a blocking substitutions during Injury Time (Something I thought was an obvious consideration decades ago). Also, to allow players to leave the FOP at the nearest boundary
IFAB must have been informed about the concept of time wasting!

How does that work though? You could have a stoppage for 30 minutes due to a serious injury, that would mean no subs can be made in the last 30 minutes of the game as that would be time added on for stoppages.

Back