A&H

Belting pair of Player comments....

This was one of the contributors to my assault a few weeks back. The players told me I had incorrectly penalised them which was one of the reasons why the player did what he did. He was frustrated when I stopped him scoring (he was clean through) when one of his teammates told me Foxtrot Oscar after I'd dismissed his appeal for a foul.

Of course, the players knew best and I wasn't allowed to stop play at that point, as I should "allow the advantage, then come back for the dissent" (there's your stupid comment). Maybe if I had have done, things would have worked out better for all concerned. I did try and explain it at half time, but they knew best.

The Referee Store
I'm not sure if you're being serious but in case you were, what he is saying is that with dropped balls, as with indirect free kicks, if the ball goes directly into the goal, the referee should award either a goal kick or corner kick.

LOL!! I thought the same as you Peter. :D

It's a bit worrying when a referee can't even read and understand plain English..... :eek:

Ah... I see. The way the original sentence was written read as: like indirect free kicks, a goal kick or corner follows (ie... "like IFKs, GK, or Corner Follows" -- to use the Oxford/Harvard comma).

I'll blame that one as being utterly tired when I read it. Just move on, nothing to see here... :)

Back